SIGNED: DT Thaddeus Randle

• 3 months later...

Relative Position

A mother and son bond in the trenches

It was a big day for Thaddeus Randle, one of the country's top high school defensive tackle prospects, when Nebraska coach Bo Pelini visited his Galena Park, Texas, home in January. But the boy's mother, Julia (Sunshine) Long, almost missed it. Long, 37, had a tryout at defensive tackle for the Houston Energy of the full-tackle Independent Women's Football League, which was founded in 2000. She rushed through the workout and made it in time to meet Pelini. Thaddeus says now, "It was a pretty good day." More.

• 5 months later...

Carl spoke at the Big Red Breakfast this morning, and had this to say of Thad:

-Of defensive end Thaddeus Randle, a freshman from Texas, Pelini said he has the fastest feet of anyone he’s coached. “He’s going to be a special, special player.”

I just had a feeling Thad was gonna fly under the radar, being a three star undersized DT prospect, and surprise everbody. This speaks volumes of Thad's hopefully bright future.

Bo spoke at the Big Red Breakfast this morning, and had this to say of Thad:

-Of defensive end Thaddeus Randle, a freshman from Texas, Pelini said he has the fastest feet of anyone he’s coached. “He’s going to be a special, special player.”

I just had a feeling Thad was gonna fly under the radar, being a three star undersized DT prospect, and surprise everbody. This speaks volumes of Thad's hopefully bright future.

Yeah I really liked this pick up also. I think Thad will be a player, DT is looking bright in the near future to pick up hole after Suh.

• 2 months later...