RB David Oku

Player: David Oku

Hometown: Midwest City, OK

Position: RB

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 185

40 Time: 4.49

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Florida St., Illinois, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio St., Tennessee

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars

Rivals: :star:star:star:star #79 overall

Big Red Report: :star:star:star:star:star

Assessing the talent: Home-run threat whenever he touches the ball. Finished his junior year with 1,628 yards rushing and 20 touchdowns on 182 carries.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 35% Seems to be really interested in Nebraska. Narrowed his list to 4 schools listed above. Nebraska gets the last visit against VT.

Its starting to look real good for us.

Oklahoma's out of the picture?

Yes they are:

Oku cuts OU and others from list

MIDWEST CITY — Carl Albert running back David Oku has cut several teams, including Oklahoma, from the list of schools he is considering. The junior lists USC, Ohio State, Florida State, Illinois, Tennessee and Michigan as his favorites. West Virginia, Oklahoma, Notre Dame and LSU were among the teams cut from the list.

FYI recent rivals article has him dropping USC (lack of playing time) and adding Nebraska.

Really wants to go out of state and grew up an FSU fan.

don't underestimate old zookster......he has his ways of attracting some pretty good talent.....

yeah, but i'd think if beck does a great job coaching the running backs this year we might get a better shot. because honestly i don't see why we are in his top unless the kool aid is amazing.

don't underestimate old zookster......he has his ways of attracting some pretty good talent.....

yeah, but i'd think if beck does a great job coaching the running backs this year we might get a better shot. because honestly i don't see why we are in his top unless the kool aid is amazing.

Judging from why he took USC off his list it appears he doesn't want to get lost in the shuffle. Here he'd certainly be the top back for this class and he'd be in good position to takeover when Castille and Helu are done. Plus we are looking to be a physical team and Watson has a history of pounding the rock. I'd say we have a fair amount to offer a rb.

But we have MAJOR competition for this kid, a lot of very big dogs, it'll be an uphill battle to get him.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I don't want to go by that because if he looked on Rivals he would see NU has to Rb commits, both Zimmer, is definitely a fullback but is listed as a running back. Also Robinson is more of a bruser back, which would compliment Oku, but at first glance he would say the NU has 2 running back commits. Maybe the other schools are like that, maybe they are not, but Running backs are not a position you usually can go off of how many others are coming in with you. IMO of course