RB David Oku

Article from Huskers Illustrated. Number 2 in the state of Oklahoma:
While it might not get as much national recognition as its neighbor south of the Red River, Oklahoma has always been a must-stop spot for college football recruiters.

The depth in the class of 2009 in Oklahoma makes it one of the best seasons in recent memory. More than 40 players have already earned scholarship offers from the state, which made ranking the top 35 players in the state a difficult task.

There are several talented players that didn't make the list in Rivals.com's Oklahoma Preseason Top 35, but there's no debating who is the top player in the state. That honor belongs to Jenks cornerback Gabe Lynn.

Behind Lynn at the No. 2 spot in the state is the nation's No. 1 all-purpose back, David Oku of Midwest City Carl Albert. The 5-foot-10, 186-pound four-star prospect has been on the recruiting radar for almost three years. He had a breakout sophomore season that saw him rush for 1,462 yards and 19 scores. He bettered that as a junior with 1,628 yards and 20 touchdowns. He currently ranks as the No. 82 player in the nation overall and has narrowed his list to Florida State, Illinois, Michigan, Nebraska and Tennessee.

Dude if I were you, I would be careful about posting stuff from a pay site (even if it's free this time around) on here. That can get Eric in some deep do do! :dunno

Dude if I were you, I would be careful about posting stuff from a pay site (even if it's free this time around) on here. That can get Eric in some deep do do! :dunno

Good point. I'll edit my post to just include the link. Didn't think about them making a free article pay at a later point.

David Oku has finalized his 5 official visits.

1st: Tennessee vs Florida on September 20

2nd: Nebraska vs Virginia Tech on September 27

3rd: Michigan vs Michigan State on October 25

4th: Florida State vs Clemson on November 8

5th: Illinois vs Ohio State on November 15

http://newsok.com/recruiting-notebook-oku-.../?tm=1215225969

Thanks for the info and that's gotta be a positive sign. :thumbs

David Oku has finalized his 5 official visits.

1st: Tennessee vs Florida on September 20

2nd: Nebraska vs Virginia Tech on September 27

3rd: Michigan vs Michigan State on October 25

4th: Florida State vs Clemson on November 8

5th: Illinois vs Ohio State on November 15

http://newsok.com/recruiting-notebook-oku-.../?tm=1215225969

Thanks for the info and that's gotta be a positive sign. :thumbs

so lets put a beat down on the hokies have the rb's score all the points:-p

this is just like ncaa football 08 he wants to see how our program handles the pressure as he come to a tough match up....and when i have Nebraska is my dynasty team....i alsways win...so i hope this carries over into real life, cuase what i just said means nothing...

last year i had my guy be a rb(because they havent fn put in the OL or FB(which pissed me off with the new blocking controls you'd think they'd want the FB in there)) i averaged something like 5 tds a game running 2 receiving and had over 70 tds total year.

Why is he taking a visit to Florida or Tennessee?

Sounds like he is a College Football fan. Picked some of the best/biggest games that each of the schools he is visiting will be hosting. Could just be coincidence.

However considering TN already has 2 :star :star :star :star RBs and 1 :star :star :star and FSU has a :star :star :star :star, you have to wonder what's up with that. I suppose he has the talent that you make room for him no matter what.

Any chance Giles reconsiders if Oku goes to TN?