Weight: 212 lbs.

40 time: 4.65

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Arizona

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star:star:star

Big Red Report: :star:star:star:star

Assessing the talent: OLB prospect is athletic with toughness and hardnosed attitude.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 15%. We are early to offer. Watch for Pac 10 schools to offer now. Good fit for a Pelini defense...would be wise for him to visit.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is Nebraska still recruiting Martin?

I guess so:

Martin focusing on four

Eric Martin (Moreno Valley, Calif./Rancho Verde) is easily among the elite linebackers in the West this year. He has yet to schedule any of his official visits but there are four schools he has plans to check out.

Martin is a big, physical 'backer who can run. He's has the size and toughness to play inside but the athleticism to play outside as well. Throw in off the charts leadership skills and work ethic and it's no wonder he has become such a hot commodity in recent months.

"Right now, the main four schools he's focusing on and the ones that are hottest on him are Nebraska, Arizona, Arizona State and Boise State," RV head coach Pete Duffy said. "He just took the SAT and hasn't gotten the results back yet so that's why he hasn't taken any of his visits.

"He'll take all of his trips in January and right now, we're just working out the dates. Eric has a hard time saying no to people so right now, I think he has visits with three or four schools on the same date so we're working that out right now."

We had heard that USC was heavily involved with Martin and could even offer soon. According to Duffy, that may no longer be the case.

"I haven't heard from anyone at SC in three weeks," Duffy said. "For awhile, they were calling each week and sounded like they could be offering but it looks like they could be going in a different direction.

"I know Eric hasn't heard from them either but that's fine. Eric is really happy with the four schools on his list and they're all great schools and great fits for him."

Sounds like he's waiting on academics. Might be another to sneak out of Cali.

Undersized and slow? Hmm ..

Ali Highsmith

Height: 5'11

Weight: 230lbs

40 yard dash: 4.95

And I could swear he was a terror under Bo flying all over the field to make plays. He looked anything but slow.

This is reason number one that the 40 yard dash is the single most overrated thing in all of football.

Plus being 6'2 212lbs in HS is anything but undersized. Kid is gonna end up about 235-240 or bigger when he leaves the program.

Would be nice to have kids walking out of HS programs looking like body builders, but that usually does not happen.

• 3 weeks later...