Larry the Cable Guy to Guest Coach the Huskers

... but yes to the Cornhuskers. "They invited me to be the guest coach for any game I want, and I get to call the first play. So I'm going to do that this year. ... I'm not telling you what I'm going to call.''

i'm not even sure how i should react to that. any play larry wants? and watson is fine with this?

i envision this more like the simpson's movie where the head of the EPA puts five envelopes in front of the president loaded with options and is lead to the proper course of action.

i see this scene playing out on the sidelines during the missouri game...

watson: okay, Coach "the Cable Guy"... which play do you want to go with?

larry: let's go with TWO!

watson: no, not that one.

larry: four?

watson: bad idea. try again.

larry: uh.... seven?

watson: we only have five, larry. try again.

larry: so six is out the window, right?

waston: exactly.

larry: durnit!

waston: language, larry.

larry: sorry. three? how about three?

waston: perfect! great minds think alike. (watson cringes when he says that.)

larry: that's what i say! GIT-R-DONE!

(watson closes his eyes, wonders how his life came has come to this point)

barney: hey, shawn! you think i can call a play later on?

watson: i... will think about that, barney. maybe.

Why do other teams get cool celebrity fans, like Matthew McConaughey (Texas) or Will Ferrell (USC). We get Clarence Thomas, Larry the Cable Guy, and Rush ****ing Limbaugh.

What gives?

Three people who are at the pinnacle of their professions, compared to McConaughey and Ferrell? If Dan was so air quotes uncool, why was Will Ferrell in his skybox for the USC/Nebraska game? Ferrell may someday be the next Jim Carrey, but right now he's one more bomb (Semi Pro) away from jumping the shark.

Dan is going to call one play...Big Deal...He probably would have out-coached last year's coaching staff.

Why do other teams get cool celebrity fans, like Matthew McConaughey (Texas) or Will Ferrell (USC). We get Clarence Thomas, Larry the Cable Guy, and Rush ****ing Limbaugh.

What gives?

Rush ****ing Limbaugh?

Is he still on the air?

And what does he have to do with our Huskers?

I thought he was from Missery.

What gives?

I am very happy Will Ferrell isn't for Nebraska. He is annoying. If you have seen one of his movies, you have seen them all because he plays almost the same character in every movie he does.

How dull. Do something different Ferrell, then I might care.

Meh- I think it's awesome. First plays are always so boring. 22 dive- yawn. I'm not a huge fan of Larry's brand of comedy, but I think he's a nice guy who might call an awesome play. Reverse HB toss + pass on the first play of the game? Yes please. That would be hilarious.

What gives?

Rush ****ing Limbaugh?

Is he still on the air?

And what does he have to do with our Huskers?

I thought he was from Missery.

He came up for one game as a guest. He's a Pittsburg Steeler fan actually.