Steroids?????

Had a discussion the other day with someone who has the misconception that Nebraska players have used lots of steroids over the years.

I told him I didn't think there were very many if any that have ever tested positive. Does anyone know if some players have??

The NCAA banned steroids in 1984, testing prior to bowl games in 1986 and year round in 1990. I am sure NU has random tests of their own as well.

post-4426-1211224049.jpg

There was a lot of speculation that NU was.....I am sure some people were at some point. Steroids was/is everywhere. Some people get caught and some don't.

And not just Division I. Football players at Division II schools were juicing during the same time period (early 80s).

On the other hand, getting beaten by the guy in front of you doesn't necessarily mean he was taking steroids. He just might be better and worked harder.

There was a lot of speculation that NU was.....I am sure some people were at some point. Steroids was/is everywhere. Some people get caught and some don't.

And not just Division I. Football players at Division II schools were juicing during the same time period (early 80s).

On the other hand, getting beaten by the guy in front of you doesn't necessarily mean he was taking steroids. He just might be better and worked harder.

On top of that, a handful of guys on my high school team juice as well. It"s sad, the length that some people go to.

I remember some people suggesting that Adam Carriker was on steroids/HGH. Looking at his bulk up and increase in helmet size, I can't deny it was at least suspicious. However, he's never failed a test and that's worth something. Who knows how many players have/continue to fly under the radar. There are always new designer steroids.

If I'm not mistaken, there was an article in Sports Illustrated about a month ago with a steroid creator who mentioned distributing to Dean Steinkuhler and other Huskers. Albeit, this was back in the 70s with a lot less knowledge and speculation we have not, still not good news.

It is definitely at all level of sports right now. I also heard NU was one of the first to hand out creatine to its players.....not a big deal because the school I played at did the same thing and that was in 99-02.

and you know creatine is legal, my hight school the wrestling coach perfered for us to use it, lots of garlic and onions in our diet and lunches usually were creatine shakes.

It is definitely at all level of sports right now. I also heard NU was one of the first to hand out creatine to its players.....not a big deal because the school I played at did the same thing and that was in 99-02.

and you know creatine is legal, my hight school the wrestling coach perfered for us to use it, lots of garlic and onions in our diet and lunches usually were creatine shakes.

Rasslin' Vampires are we?

Didn't we have a linebacker from Western Colorado that went on to play for Denver? that almost lost a kidney or had some complications rumored to be tied to roid use..Mark Mumford?

I wonder if it's too late for me to take them..Shrink my nads a little so my pants fit better.

Steroids, maybe. I have heard that NU was one of the first, if not the first school to distribute creatine to players which was a big contributor to the athleticism and raw power of the teams in the 90's.

It was a legal product.

If I'm not mistaken, there was an article in Sports Illustrated about a month ago with a steroid creator who mentioned distributing to Dean Steinkuhler and other Huskers. Albeit, this was back in the 70s with a lot less knowledge and speculation we have not, still not good news.

In the 70's, steroids were legal. I wouldn't jump all over Nebraska for distributing a legal product. I'm sure Nebraska has skeletons in the closet with regards to steroid abuse. However, I'm sure that nearly every other college football program does as well. I'd be willing to bet that at least one player on the team now is probably juicing, but I'd also be willing to bet that at least one player for Texas, OU, KU, etc. is as well.

:bonez:bonez:cheers:cheers:bonez:bonez

OK a C-shake is probably better for you than a school lunch or PB&J and should help keep the fat off but the Onions and Garlic were meant to keep the girls away and your mind on wrestling.

T_O_B

:cheers:cheers:bonez:bonez:cheers:cheers