TE Orson Charles

Player: Orson Charles

Hometown: Tampa, FL (Plant)

Position: Tight End

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 216 lbs.

40 time: 4.55

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Florida, Tennessee, Arkansas, Auburn, Boston College, Clemson, Florida International, Florida St, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Louisville, LSU, Miami, Michigan, North Carolina, Purdue, South Carolina, South Florida, Central Florida

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star:star:star:star #1 TE

Bid Red Report: :star:star:star:star # 4 tight end

Assessing the talent: IMO Seems to be gettin raved reviews but had 12 catches for 325 yards last year. Probably will need to gain some weight to play TE at next level

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 5%, just look at that scholly list. Also new teammate Aaron Murray is going to Georgia, but they have never played with each other yet and haven't said they want to play with each other in College.

Florida International?

it's over! he's theirs to lose!

Sleep on the Golden Panthers at your own peril!

If not for Western Kentucky, they might just be the worst team in Division I F.B.S.

Dream season: The Golden Panthers have their best season in program history, defeating North Texas and Louisiana-Lafayette on the road and handily defeating Western Kentucky at home to place themselves solidly outside the bottom 10 teams in the nation.

Heck, do we even want this guy to visit...I mean I don't want him to break our trophies and stuff! :rollin

No joke...this is the recruit who broke Florida's National Championship crystal football trophy! That must have been a terrible feeling for him at the time but that is one funny story! :laughpound:rollin:laughpound

See links:

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/apr/16/sp...-broken-trophy/

and

http://brucefrazier.blogspot.com/2008/04/o...orite-high.html

Heck, do we even want this guy to visit...I mean I don't want him to break our trophies and stuff! :rollin

No joke...this is the recruit who broke Florida's National Championship crystal football trophy! That must have been a terrible feeling for him at the time but that is one funny story! :laughpound:rollin:laughpound

See links:

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/apr/16/sp...-broken-trophy/

and

http://brucefrazier.blogspot.com/2008/04/o...orite-high.html

It was just sitting on a coffee table?

• 2 weeks later...

Latest from Husker Journal.

JUNE 5, 2008. PREP STAR

ORSON CHARLES, TE, 6-3, 216, 4.5, TAMPA (PLANT), FLORIDA

“I’m going to LSU this weekend for a one day camp.” said Charles, “I like how LSU uses their tight ends (two tight end set). I like the tight ends coach (Lane). He came by my school this spring. I don’t expect to play early at LSU or any other school I have to earn a spot.”

“I like Nebraska coach Beck is recruiting me.” he said, “They want me to make it up to camp I’m not sure if I will. My coach and I will plan out where to go this summer.”

“I might go to Nebraska if they are in my top five. I don’t know when I will narrow it down. I want to take my time. I want to know how teams use their tight ends and I want to major in construction engineering.”

“I’ve been to Florida State once and I liked it.” said Charles, “I really liked the Florida State’s tight end coach (Coley). He coached the tight ends for the Miami Dolphins. Coach Coley can coach up his players.”

“I want to visit USC this summer.” he said, “I want to see the athletes there. I hope to get an offer from them. USC is everybody’s dream school, the big boys.”

“USC coaches said I’m fast for my size and can gain weight. Some schools are recruiting me as an H-Back. USC said I remind them of tight end Fred Davis that was taken in the second round.”

“Oklahoma didn’t offer me right away they saw all my Florida offers and thought they didn’t have a chance, but once Oklahoma knew I was wide open they started to recruit me.” said Charles.

“Oklahoma coach Wilson said they are losing the top two junior tight ends next year and I have a chance to earn a spot. Coach Wilson said he will send me some academic stuff. I definitely like to visit them (Oklahoma) this summer. Oklahoma is always in contention.”

“I like Michigan I would like to make it to their camp.” said Charles, “Michigan sends a lot of players to the NFL. I definitely like to look into them, see what their (Michigan) staff is like.”

• 4 months later...

This announcement has come so far out of left field that Brad Lidge thought someone was throwing back the Pujols homer from three years ago finally. This would be a HUGE get, but still a very very longshot. He would come in and be a factor from day one, which brings the question what would you do with Herr? This is all circumstantial but if for some unseen reason Charles would commit, how would the staff handle it? With the TEs we return we'd have a big log jam of youth. Plus with our maybe low scholarship number this year it would put a major dent probably in the numbers. Again all circumstantial, but would you put Herr on the back burner, greyshirt him maybe? Again I would welcome this in a heartbeat, but just think about it for a sec and come up with your conclusions, which are probably smarter than mine. :dunno