TE Orson Charles

Apparently we are still in it. Some of our coaches were at his school this week. We are recruiting him as a WR - pretty much everyone else wants him for a TE.

Interesting that we are looking at him as a WR. Maybe that will persuade him in our direction. He's definately got the size and speed to play wideout!

If his 40 time is legit at 4.55 then he is definately fast enough. Could end up being a player they put in several positions on the field, Watson's creativity would be great to combine with a versital player like this.

mike mcneil is a stud TE...and this way Charles could see the field immediatly next year! would love to see this guy N.

remember way back when right after bo got hired, people said he couldnt recruit? just being in the ballgame with this kid, this late in the process speaks volumes to the recruiting ability of this staff.

HuskerRob, you hit it right on the head. This is the type of kid that would eliminate us before even opening any letters NU would send him. It is a huge credit to Bo and the staff that we are still within breathing distance of this kid. Orson is the type of recruit whose thread would have his data, the two or three posts that say we need a playmaker like him, and then Chamrock or someone saying he committed to Florida or Miami. Still say it would be a massive upset if NU magically lands him, but believe me would I love to watch him in scarlet and cream.

Is Orson Charles coming for a visit on the 28th? Seen it's being rumored he is but I can't find verification on this. IF he does we become IMMEDIATE players for this guy. He is a stud. Bo and Shawn could point to Nate Swift and say that can be you. I like our returning receivers but Charles would play above most of them, except per say Paul and Holt. Great hands, great frame, if he has a decent bean between his shoulders he'd really, really look hard at NU, if he visits it would be pretty cut and dry almost as to how he'd fit in and how impressive 85,000 people partying a CU rout all day and night long are.

Is Orson Charles coming for a visit on the 28th? Seen it's being rumored he is but I can't find verification on this. IF he does we become IMMEDIATE players for this guy. He is a stud. Bo and Shawn could point to Nate Swift and say that can be you. I like our returning receivers but Charles would play above most of them, except per say Paul and Holt. Great hands, great frame, if he has a decent bean between his shoulders he'd really, really look hard at NU, if he visits it would be pretty cut and dry almost as to how he'd fit in and how impressive 85,000 people partying a CU rout all day and night long are.

or hell show him some matt herian footage from 2003 and be like, the same coach who coached him will coach you.

or hell show him some matt herian footage from 2003 and be like, the same coach who coached him will coach you.

Or show him footage of Daniel Graham at CU ripping Nebraska up in the unspeakable game and say, "That Offensive Coordinator could be coaching you." Even though we're recruiting him at receiver, well then, maybe show him some Purify footage against 1st round pick Aquib Talib from Kansas

Scott Downing?

Scott Downing?

i thought downing only did it for the 2003 year? and not before?

Scott Downing?

I'm even more confused than I was before. :lol:

Scott Downing?

I'm even more confused than I was before. :lol:

I WIN!

Getting this guy would be HUGE! Every since Mo Purify graduated, every1s been talking about how we need a big bodied receiver to replace him - some were saying it could be Meno Holt or Brandon Kinnie (who looks like a really good prospect). I've always felt that Purify would be extremely hard to replace & you couldnt compare our other receivers to him. However, this guy could do it IMO.

• 2 months later...