Weight: 240 lbs.

40 time: 4.78

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Arizona, San Diego State

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Big Red Report:

Assessing the talent: TE excels as run blocker and in short passing game. From ESPN Evaluation: Kerr is a big and physical tight end prospect. Looks on film to have the frame to be able to add additional bulk as he gets into a college weight program. The strength of his game at this point is his ability as an in-line blocker. He makes good initial contact and gets solid hand placement. He moves his feet and displays the ability to create some push off the ball in the run game. Needs to watch his pad level. Does a good job of being able to step, seal, and wash down a defender. Shows a good tenacious attitude as a blocker. Does a solid job of being able to work up to the second level and get a piece of moving targets. More here: http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/...26season%3d2009

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 15%. We have shown early interest with an offer. Kerr says he has interest in UCLA but they have not yet offered. Kerr is a HS teammate of QB recruit Tate Forcier.

Hopefully UCLA stays off of him. Our chances against Arizona could improve if Stoops can't get off the hotseat. He is great as the firebreathign DC but meh as the firebreathing HC. He has to win this year or he is gone. Could be a nice job for Turner Gill.

Let's hope that same description doesn't apply to Pelini.

Of course we don't know what the future will hold for Bo. But he isn't quite the Mike Stoops-type. He is definitely intense but isn't at the Mike Stoops-level. Stoops is totally over-the-top and swearing like syphilis-ridden pirate too much of the time. Maybe if Bo had gotten the job back in '03 he'd have been more of a Mike-clone but I think he has matured a bit since then.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest from Husker Journal.

JUNE 8, 2008. PREP STAR

J T KERR, TE, 6-4, 230, 4.7, SAN DIEGO (SCRIPPS RANCH), CAL

J T has offers from Nebraska, Arizona and San Diego State. I hearing from Oregon, UCLA, Washington, Washington State, Boise State, Wake Forest, Arizona State and USC.

“Right now I’m wide open.” said Kerr, “Arizona coaches said I could play early. They (Arizona) said they will take one or two tight ends. Arizona recruiting coordinator is really a nice guy.”

“I went to Tucson on an official visit for their spring game. There were a lot of people there, I was surprised. I really like the weather.” he said

“Oregon didn’t offer me but it sounded like they will later.” said Kerr, “They (Oregon) have film on me and at first they said I didn’t rank high enough for a scholarship. A (Oregon) junior tight end de-committed and the tight ends coach said he really liked me on film.”

“I call Coach Brown (Nebraska) now and then. Coach Brown wants me to call (Bo) Pelini.” he said, “I tried for 1 ½ to 2 weeks but have not got in touch yet.”

“Coach Brown came by my school last spring and saw some 7 on 7 for awhile. Coach Brown said he liked my competitive spirit and could see me gain 20 to 30 pounds and still have my athletic ability.”

“My dad and I are going to visit Nebraska middle June early July.” said Kerr, “If I like about what I see, it would give me reason to commit. I like Nebraska’s tradition, love the prestige.”

“Schools look at my size and say I’m very active. I have potential once I’ve developed as a player.”

J T added that he transferred two months ago from Fallbrook High School. Both Fallbrook and Scripps Ranch run the spread offense.

Hopefully UCLA stays off of him. Our chances against Arizona could improve if Stoops can't get off the hotseat. He is great as the firebreathign DC but meh as the firebreathing HC. He has to win this year or he is gone. Could be a nice job for Turner Gill.

off-topic, but i don't see turner leaving buffalo any time soon. they've been treating him well and i don't think he'll abandon a program that still a work in progress.

off-topic, but i don't see turner leaving buffalo any time soon. they've been treating him well and i don't think he'll abandon a program that still a work in progress.

Abandoning a work in progress? If they have a winning-season I wouldn't say they are so-much a work in progress anymore or that Gill owes them after taking them from being the worst program in 1A to winners. It would be a nice gesture to stay but abandoning? Come on.

Nobody said Kelly, Pinkel, or Meyer abandoned their programs when they moved-on. If he wants to stay at Buffalo fine, there are definitely worse things to be than king of the MAC. But if he wants to coach at the next level I don't think he should wait around unless it is for a BCS-program he knows he can win big with.

• 1 month later...

Presently they're trying to coordinate a visit before the end of July. Failing that, he'll be here to see a game sometime during the fall.

Sounds good for Nebraska. He seems very interested. He also wants to talk to Cody Green awhile.

Definitely likes Nebraska. A good visit could put things over the top. Is he still saying he'd commit if things go well?

If I like about what I see, it would give me reason to commit. I like Nebraska’s tradition, love the prestige.

• 2 weeks later...

Being that we signed Hetzer, Cotton, Bechtold, and a possible TE in Reed we'll likely just take one TE this class. Has to help a bit that you'd be the only TE in the for '09. Getting Green is supposed to have helped get Kerr more interested. I think Kerr will commit after visiting.

Doesn't seem like a big play guy but he has hands and can definitely block.