SIGNED: TE J.T. Kerr

he very well may contribute right away.......welcome J.T.!

Nah. Too many guys ahead of him. McNeill, Hill, Reed, Cotton, Young. He will sit and learn, because he needs it. He has mainly played in run based offenses for most of his HS career, so he still needs to learn a bit.

so your saying he knows how to drive a defender off the ball? i like that...and with ron brown...oh god.

omaha.com's article:

Tight end, linebacker commit to NU

LINCOLN — Two oral commitments within 24 hours ended a quiet month-long stretch for Nebraska recruiting.

J.T. Kerr, a tight end from San Diego, told coach Bo Pelini Wednesday evening that he wanted to play for the Huskers. The next day, highly touted linebacker Chris Williams of Abilene, Texas, chose the Huskers, too.

They're the 13th and 14th recruits to make oral commitments to the Huskers, but their decisions won't become official until national signing day in February.

It had been more than 50 days since Nebraska coaches received their last commitment. Taylor Martinez, an athlete from Corona, Calif., who'll likely play safety for the Huskers, announced his decision on Aug. 22.

Kerr is the Huskers' first tight end of the 2009 class, while Williams may very well be Nebraska's best defensive recruit.

[snip williams]

Kerr took his official visit on Sept. 13. Kerr watched the Huskers cruise to a 38-7 win over New Mexico State, though the game's result had little impact on his decision.

Kerr went with his dad, John, and both were instantly impressed.

"I really liked everything about it," J.T. Kerr said. "I couldn't see myself being happy anywhere else."

Kerr, a 6-foot-4, 235-pounder, will try to spend the fall getting healthy. He has a banged up shoulder and has played in just two of Scripps Ranch High School's five football games this season.

Kerr wants to return to the lineup next week.

And when he does, he'll be playing all over the field. Kerr said he'll line up in the slot and play some snaps down in a three-point stance. The coaches use him in different ways, Kerr said.

"In our offense, use me everywhere," Kerr said. "They move me all around."

He hopes Nebraska will do the same. Kerr said he likes the tight ends' role and he's looking forward to help contribute to a program trying to rebuild.

"It's huge for me, the tradition at Nebraska," he said. "They've had a lot of success there. I believe a lot of that tradition will return now that Coach Pelini is there."

This kid plays right down the road from me, and they have home games the 31st of Oct and the 7th and 14th of Nov. Think I might head on down and take a look. I'll let you guys know how I think he looks. I've heard he was hurt the last couple of games but think he should be getting healthy and ready to play again!! We'll see!!

• 3 years later...