ATH Ronnie Wingo Jr.

If we continue to recruit 230-250 lb. LB's that have 4.6-4.8 speed, we're going to continually suffer against teams especially the ones running the spread. When we had top notch defensive teams, our LB's were in the 215-230 lb. range and ran 4.5 or faster. While I don't like going the JuCo route either, I don't see how we're going to lure these types of players here when we had to go the JuCo route even when TO was coaching and winning NC's.

Osborne didnt really have to go after jucos, the strong majority of his playmakers were high school kids. I also dont see any linebackers that we have gone after this year or last year too big. Fisher is 6'6 but he does run about a 4.6. I would take a linebacker that runs a legit 4.6 any day, thats goin pretty good. I think compton, whaley and reed will be just fine at the position.

Mizzou hasn't held their borders well, Wingo is a considerable loss. There is a lot of talent in that state this year and if the tigers lose Richardson they will have missed on every big-dog in the state.

That is not really true. Out of the kids that they have offered, they have really only lost a handfull.

Yes some of the top kids in state are not going to MU this year. But they also are not great fits for MU. Bryant Allen and Ronnie Wingo were losses. Monte Ball is a traditional I-back and does not fit MU, Scheelhaase was lost because Dalton commited and they are best friends. They had said they would not go to the same school because they didnt want to compete with eachother. So you get one and lose the other. MU never offered Jordon Webb. So if you look at it, it is not as it appear to you. To everyone who knows about MO and MU's recruiting there sees that Mu lost 4 players, 2 of which they had little to no chance (evens and ball). So they got 11 of 15 (16 if you count Scheelhaase and Dalton seperate. But as I stated everyone knew it was one or the other, never both). If you look at other states and those instate schools (even ones with a 'Major' program, you will see that a near 75% "get" rate of your instate offers in pretty darn good.

1. Sheldon Richardson - Missouri (solid)

2. Ronnie Wingo Jr. -Arkansas (this is a loss)

3. Nathan Scheelhaase -Illinois (this was an either or with Dalton and Dalton verballed first)

4. Montee Ball - Wisconsin (traditional powerback, great player but not the right fit for MU's system)

5. T.J. Moe -Missouri

6. Blaine Dalton - Missouri

7. Darris Ford - Missouri

8. Bryant Allen - Minnesota (this was a loss. He wanted to play both BB and FB and MU could not guarentee a PG spot)

9. Jordan Webb - Kansas (not even offered)

10. Kerwin Stricker - Missouri

11. Jack Meiners - Missouri

12. Tyler Evans - Oklahoma (loss, grew up a OU fan and commited on the spot after OU offered last summer)

13. Andrew Wilson - Missouri

14. Adam Burton - Missouri

15. Alex Sanders - Missouri

16. Derrion Thomas - none (MU may offer but rumor is he is going JUCO. Son of Derrick Thomas)

17. Tom Freeman - none (no offer. looking at Ivy league schools)

18. Mark Hill - Missouri

19. Justin Britt- Missouri

20 Ghaali Muhammad - Wyoming (offered walk on spot, chose to take his only D-1 offer)

Mizzou hasn't held their borders well, Wingo is a considerable loss. There is a lot of talent in that state this year and if the tigers lose Richardson they will have missed on every big-dog in the state.

That is not really true. Out of the kids that they have offered, they have really only lost a handfull.

Yes some of the top kids in state are not going to MU this year. But they also are not great fits for MU. Bryant Allen and Ronnie Wingo were losses. Monte Ball is a traditional I-back and does not fit MU, Scheelhaase was lost because Dalton commited and they are best friends. They had said they would not go to the same school because they didnt want to compete with eachother. So you get one and lose the other. MU never offered Jordon Webb. So if you look at it, it is not as it appear to you. To everyone who knows about MO and MU's recruiting there sees that Mu lost 4 players, 2 of which they had little to no chance (evens and ball). So they got 11 of 15 (16 if you count Scheelhaase and Dalton seperate. But as I stated everyone knew it was one or the other, never both). If you look at other states and those instate schools (even ones with a 'Major' program, you will see that a near 75% "get" rate of your instate offers in pretty darn good.

3. Nathan Scheelhaase -Illinois (this was an either or with Dalton and Dalton verballed first)

4. Montee Ball - Wisconsin (traditional powerback, great player but not the right fit for MU's system)

5. T.J. Moe -Missouri

8. Bryant Allen - Minnesota (this was a loss. He wanted to play both BB and FB and MU could not guarentee a PG spot)

12. Tyler Evans - Oklahoma (loss, grew up a OU fan and commited on the spot after OU offered last summer)

16. Derrion Thomas - none (MU may offer but rumor is he is going JUCO. Son of Derrick Thomas)

18. Mark Hill - Missouri

20 Ghaali Muhammad - Wyoming (offered walk on spot, chose to take his only D-1 offer)

If Richardson is so solid, why is he visiting Miami this weekend? Or do I have the wrong information?

5. T.J. Moe -Missouri

18. Mark Hill - Missouri

If Richardson is so solid, why is he visiting Miami this weekend? Or do I have the wrong information?

It is of my opinion it is a free trip. He commited to MU last summer, even when he wasn't solid and changed it to soft he still said "right now its MU and I am not decommiting to look around" he has confirmed twice that he is solid to MU. There are a ton of kids that verbal and continue to take visits. IF he did leave that would be a HUGE loss. That is true. But I dont see that happening. I think you have a kid that likes the attention, is the #4 player in the country, who can get out of a cold and snowy/icy St Louis and hang in Miami for the weekend. (thats if he even goes, he has postoned that trip a number of times since Novemeber. As of yesterday he was still undecided on if he was going to visit or not)

either way we will all know for sure in 5 1/2 days

5. T.J. Moe -Missouri

18. Mark Hill - Missouri

It is of my opinion it is a free trip. He commited to MU last summer, even when he wasn't solid and changed it to soft he still said "right now its MU and I am not decommiting to look around" he has confirmed twice that he is solid to MU. There are a ton of kids that verbal and continue to take visits. IF he did leave that would be a HUGE loss. That is true. But I dont see that happening. I think you have a kid that likes the attention, is the #4 player in the country, who can get out of a cold and snowy/icy St Louis and hang in Miami for the weekend. (thats if he even goes, he has postoned that trip a number of times since Novemeber. As of yesterday he was still undecided on if he was going to visit or not)

I hear ya. My favorite Missouri commit is Blaine Dalton. I live in Blue Springs, and he is somewhat of a high school legend around here. Another kid that just has that "it" factor, and should be a stud for you guys.

5. T.J. Moe -Missouri

18. Mark Hill - Missouri

I hear ya. My favorite Missouri commit is Blaine Dalton. I live in Blue Springs, and he is somewhat of a high school legend around here. Another kid that just has that "it" factor, and should be a stud for you guys.

I also am a big Dalton guy. What he was able to do this year with losing so many players from last years team really shows that "it" you were talking about. Alot of MU fans, even more the ones on the KC side, believe that both Blaine and Glaser (from Ark) could really push Gabbert. It will be interesting atleast.

* I am originally from outside of St. Joe. I know the KC/Northwest MO football scene pretty well. There is alot of excitement from MU fans on Dalton and Andrew Wilson.

** I had better stop talking MU recruiting on the NU recruiting forum before I start getting dirty looks... :)

5. T.J. Moe -Missouri

18. Mark Hill - Missouri

I also am a big Dalton guy. What he was able to do this year with losing so many players from last years team really shows that "it" you were talking about. Alot of MU fans, even more the ones on the KC side, believe that both Blaine and Glaser (from Ark) could really push Gabbert. It will be interesting atleast.

* I am originally from outside of St. Joe. I know the KC/Northwest MO football scene pretty well. There is alot of excitement from MU fans on Dalton and Andrew Wilson.

** I had better stop talking MU recruiting on the NU recruiting forum before I start getting dirty looks... :)

haha.. I will help you out there. Cody Green is twice the talent of those recruits you guys have. There you go, now we are cool..lol

• 2 weeks later...

it was regarding his cousin Hill. He commited for the 2010 class before signing day. They had said they wanted to play together so a rumor started. Then Ronnie did nothing to stop the rumors when people contacted him. The MU rivals writer called and asked him point blank "should I come to your signing or is it a waste of time?"

Ronnie replyed with "Maybe, you never know." So that is where the rumors that he may flip last second back to MU come from