SIGNED: ATH Taylor Martinez

this kid was the #1 player at saftey on the NU recruiting board.

he is a very good get.

also i read some where that his GPA and SAT scores are good and there wont be any problems qualifying.

Who told you he was the #1 safety on our board?

That is what I'd like to know.

I have heard COMPLETELY different.

he is a very good get.

also i read some where that his GPA and SAT scores are good and there wont be any problems qualifying.

That is what I'd like to know.

I have heard COMPLETELY different.

I thought Lester White was our #1 Safety target. :dunno

he is a very good get.

no one told me anything about this kid, because i do not have any type of inside information.

Taylor was quoted in a story saying that the coaches told him that he was.

now were the coaches just telling him what he wanted to hear??????

he is a very good get.

no one told me anything about this kid, because i do not have any type of inside information.

Taylor was quoted in a story saying that the coaches told him that he was.

now were the coaches just telling him what he wanted to hear??????

Honestly .. that is exactly what they were doing if they told him that. :lol:

I have nothing against Taylor, because he is as athletic as anyone we have gotten so far. I would have preferred to wait a bit on him for his senior season, but that's just me.

Husker Journal has the skinny:

“I took an unofficial visit to Nebraska last weekend with my family, mom, dad and little sister.” Martinez said. “Then I committed to them”.

“We flew into Omaha then drove to Lincoln and stayed there Friday and Saturday nights. Drove back to Omaha Sunday and flew back to California Monday. Omaha is a cool city.” he said

“I met Bo Pelini he’s a down to earth guy. That’s how I was raised. My dad likes Bo too. We met Tom Osborne. He’s a legend, I didn’t know much about him. My dad was filling me in about Tom Osborne and how good of a coach he was. We all got our pictures taken with him (Osborne). We went to the bookstore and bought some Nebraska shirts.” Martinez said

“Nebraska (Carl Pelini) came down to my school last spring and saw me practice and liked me. A month later they offered me a scholarship.” Martinez said. “My dad was e-mailing Coach Carl Pelini. Carl asked my dad to give him a call. Then he told my dad I was going to get an offer.”

“I really liked Nebraska, the atmosphere, the fans, academics, everything. The facilities are state of the art. It’s (Lincoln) is a little football town. I don’t like big cities.” he said

“Nebraska coaches said they like my athletic ability and want me to play free safety in college.” Martinez said. “I did play some free safety in high school. My junior year I played free safety in situational plays, like 3rd and long.”

“I am not too sure when I will take my official visit to Nebraska, that hasn’t been decided yet.” he said

“I’m hoping to get Will Sutton to commit to Nebraska. I’m working on it. There is a good chance he will. I sure hope so.” Martinez said.

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 months later...