40 time: 5.0

Bench max: 360 pounds

Squat max: 510 pounds

Vertical: 22 inches

GPA: 4.0

ACT: 26

Visit Date: End of month

Interests: Iowa, Iowa State, Nebraska, Wisconsin

Scholarships offered: Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin, North Dakota State, North Dakota, Montana and Montana State.

Favorites: Nebraska verbal commit

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star :star :star - 5.5 #80 OT

Big Red Report: NR

ESPN: NR

Assessing the talent: Big fellow has some nimble feet as he made first team all-state in basketball as a Jr. Also first team all-state in football and won state shot put championship as a Soph and Jr

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 90%. Nebraska commit.

Looks the part:

BRENT-QVALE-150-052007.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

From Husker Journal. I think the odds of him becoming a Cornhusker have to be pretty good. He says it is between us and Wisconsin.

JUNE 25, 2008. PREP STAR

BRENT QVALE, OL, 6-7, 300, 5.1, WILLISTON, NORTH DAKOTA

Brent has offers from Nebraska, Iowa, Iowa State, Wisconsin, North Dakota, North Dakota State, Montana and Montana State.

“I liked Nebraska’s camp a lot.” said Qvale, “Coach Pelini offered me on the spot in his office.”

“Coach Cotton (Nebraska) didn’t say if I could play early but they would see how it would work out. Coach Cotton was excited about me and wanted me to come. Barney e-mails me two or three times a week just to see how things are going. He came to my state track meet and saw me. Coach Cotton talked to my coach at the meet about me.” he said

“I talked to a lot of players at Nebraska and they are excited about the season.” said Qvale, “Some players feel they have a chance to have a good season.”

“I talked to Joe Ganz from Chicago.” he said, “He told me he (Ganz) really likes Nebraska. Joe lives away from Nebraska but he said you get use to it. No matter where I go, it’s going to be far away. I’m (Williston) twenty miles east of Montana.”

“Nebraska coaches knew about me through the Internet and some people told them about me.” said Qvale

“It would be exciting to be a part of a program that will be on the rise. Just to be in one of the classes that started it. I like Nebraska they have great tradition. Their weight room was awesome it’s the best one I’ve seen. Everything is new.” said Qvale

“I went to Iowa State one day camp and they offered me there.” he said, “Iowa State is really interested in me. Iowa State’s program is good but it doesn’t compare to Nebraska and Wisconsin.”

“I was suppose to visit Iowa but with all the flooding I stayed home.” said Qvale, “I will try to make it up there end of summer or for an official visit this fall.”

“Wisconsin offered me at camp. I liked it there a lot I felt comfortable there. I like the program a lot and Wisconsin facilities are very good.” he said, “Coach Bielema didn’t ask for a commitment, he just told me to go home with my family and make a decision when that time comes.”

“I like Wisconsin they have been successful the last 10 to 15 years. They play in a great conference.”

“We drove around Madison.” Said Qvale, “The streets are confusing none of them seem straight. The campus is real nice. Madison is a laid back city.”

“Right now I will take three official visits to Nebraska, Wisconsin and Iowa. Nebraska and Wisconsin are my top two schools.”

• 1 month later...

This dude is huge! Maybe try and get him in for the 1st game? If he was here for the West. Mich. game and experienced the atmosphere that will come with it he might commit on the spot.

told scout today that he will be visiting for the W. Michigan game, and he can see himself commiting. sounds like he wants to get it over with

This dude is huge! Maybe try and get him in for the 1st game? If he was here for the West. Mich. game and experienced the atmosphere that will come with it he might commit on the spot.

told scout today that he will be visiting for the W. Michigan game, and he can see himself commiting. sounds like he wants to get it over with

Great news!!! :woo:woo