official: Nutt says NO

Almost all the news out there is saying there is a private jet waiting at the airport for Nutt and his family to arrive in Lincoln, but the plane has been sitting there for almost half the day and he has not gotten on. Reports say University of Arkansas has set up a press conference to announce a pay raise and other perks that are headed to Nutt for staying

eric "the Red"

2.5 million dollars! WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I should apply... I have qualifications of taking an average nebraska team to multipule title in PS2... HOLLY sh#t! 2.5 million dollars for Huston Nutt???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I say we pay 2.5 million for Warren Buffet to be our new AD! or hell even T.O. baby!

I love when morons like you show up on this board... Congratz on LSU... Nick Sabin will leave in about a year... then back to being everyones play toy... but hey keep coming here and talking sh#t... Then maybe more NU fans wont cheer for LSU when they make the CWS anymore...

I deserve that...sorry for the barb, but that is pent up aggression over the year towards Trev Alberts.

Seriously though, would you guys be happy with Houston Nutt? In my expereince seeing LSU playing Ark, Nutt is about as useless as t*its on a bull. I don't think he would be the caliber guy that I would want to hire.

IMHO, I think what Nebraska needs is a new up to date offense that can compete with todays complex defenses. What about someone like a Norm Chow? or a *gasp* Steve Spurrier? Do you guys think I'm way off here?

Again, sorry for the earlier comment...

LSUNizz,

Why are you sorry?? Did you say something that wasn't true?? No I don't think so. Don't mind Pile, he gets very animated when someone speaks ill of the 'skers.

I have never seen people drink as much and eat as much of that spicy crawfish fry stuff or boil in my life then I did when I went to a couple CWS games in '99 (I think)

eric "the red"

Eric,

I've been to Omaha for the CWS and I had a wonderful time. I even dated a girl from Omaha that I met while up at the CWS. She's a huge husker fan and I'm really just interested to see what you guys think about the coaching search. I know its a frustrating situation as LSU was in your shoes several years ago. We were lucky to get Saban. If you had to make a coaching wish list, who would be on it? Would Nutt even make the list? Is Nutt in any way connected to Nebraska?

Nizz

No not at all. Although if Nutt were from any other school, in the same situation he would have taken the job. He is from Ark., played ball there, grew up there, was a ball boy for the Univ., and now apparently is going to be offered an administrative position. This way if he screws up coaching they don't even have to fire him. They'll tell him to step down and take a seat in his new posh office and make daily appearances around town to raise money for whatever it is.

1. Bo Pelini

2. Bill Callahan - Raiders

3. Dick Jaraed - Bears.

eric"the red"

ps In college I once had a few girl (friends) from Omaha (for a couple hours anyway).

No problem LSUNizz, glad to get your insight. As long as you remember the adage of throwing stones from your glass house, you'll be fine. Just hope you dont have a glass jaw, b/c we have some heavy swingers around here.

I actually agree w/you. Not sure the Nutt is what we need anyway. It appears that SP is kneejerking himself and Nuskernation all around the country. It seems as if he hasnt been doing an f-n thing for the past month, and now when the seat gets hot he starts throwing zeros behind offers to people based on "referrals" from low class NFL coaches. Reminds me of my college days when I procrastinated for a paper and then scrambled around w/ my head cut off to "just get it done".

Personally I do like Chow, and even think Spurr could bring some good things to the program. Isnt my favorite personality, but we may just be surprised what he could do. However I think its safe to say Spur it out of the running for sure now. This is getting ugly..... :(

Eric you're my bitch, dont forget that and who's side are you on? LSU im sure you meant not to be rude... but its just funny when people from other teams show up to kick a dead horse... so I like to snap back...

Im sure SP has a wonderful plan... oh wait he has none... Nutt was not the answer... but who the f#*k am I to say who is?... Oh well

Best of luck to LSU ( though I will be cheering for the Stoops...)