official: Nutt says NO

yeh right. OU will manhandle the little tigers. that whole stupid "deal" with Saban getting the highest contract +1.00 if he wins the sugar bowl is bush league, a distraction, and border line gambling. what a jackoff this AD of lsu must be. sounds to me like a used car salesman & jerry jones aka houston nutt and broyles all in one - (based on the the ARK fans comments that posted earlier).

you know saban is all about the $$ and will split for the nfl win or lose. lsu will not be back in the national title hunt again for 10 yrs. better enjoy 3rd place while you got it losers.

Ok, I've lost touch here.  Is it "official" that Nutt's not coming or is Steve P. still throwing cash into the pot????

As of midnight, it was still "undecided". Arkansas AD Frank Broyles was initially saying he thought it was 90% certain Nutt would go, but is not saying more along the lines of 60%. Seems that Arkansas is now offering what amounts to an Assistant AD position that would place Nutt in line to become AD once Broyles retires. There was a news conference scheduled for 6:00 p.m., but it didn't come off. The word out of Fayetteville now is that there will be a news conference tomorrow, one way or the other.

Apparently, Arkansas is still trying to sweeten the pot enough for Nutt to stay.

I heard that broyles said Nutt wouldnt be interested in the ass AD job, so it isnt on the table. it seems as if there is more than money to decide for Nutt, since he has so much lineage w/ ARK.

seemed kinda presumptious and even arrogant that SP would have a plane anda press conference waiting for Nutt. give the guy a day or two huh! :blink:

im not sure if Nutt is holding out to get more from Ark (even thou I dont think they can go as deep as us), or if it is simply outta respect for Ark - wants it to appear that it was a tough decision and wasnt just about the money - and it may not be - he could turn us down simply b/c of the history he has w/ the school and his family w/ probably young kids in school and all.

Hey AR Husker, are you in Ark somewhere? What is your take on Nutt, do you think he would be good in Lincoln? sorry if you already answered this. just curious for your insight.. ;)