Cy, sorry you"re bad news with flooding in Iowa.I saw it on TV,but not the same as middle,huh? Some time good luck can follow bad luck,so you"re can have my good lcuk nect in sted of me.

I find this simple in a big lits and it can look like ISU helemt, so it can be a hot cyclon to dry up the water which is in you"re Iowa.:bounce

Plus also,Some time rain be worse than tough. Sorry for Glendower banner this imte only

Tuff Tiger :moreinteresting

:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

That might be one of the funniest things ive ever read on this board

Tuff Tiger seems like a decent enough guy, even for being a slaver, but I have NO CLUE what he is saying except it seems generally suportive of Cy, which is nice. It is not new that I cannot understand TT, but it seemed a good point to say so... If anyone could translate....

Okay, when you call some one slaver an it"S 2008, it mkaes YOU look stupid. You don"t know any thing about me.Don"t do again..got it?

TUFFTIGER.

No I don't know you. No I do not REALLY think you are for Slavery. It is a fairly common nickname for Mizzou fans, especially when they bring out their Quantrill shirts and Burn Lawrence signs. The reason we are rivals is because our states do not like each other, and that is a result of the civil war and the habit of Missouri Citizens to cross the border, before the war, to intimidate Kansans and try to turn us in to a slave state. Our mascot, the Jayhawk, is named after the cavalry unit that fought against the border ruffians from Missouri. Missouri did burn Lawrence down multiple times, and once they committed an all out massacre. In fairness, after a few too many outrages, Kansans began counter-raiding Missouri. Sorry you do not like the nickname, but it is the basis of our rivalry and our state's stronger than normal animosity. As you know, we are the longest running game west of the Mississippi, when we beat you back in 1891 and have played every year since. At that time, the civil war had only ended about 26 years earlier, so it was even more contentious. So if you personally do not like the association, I am sorry, but it is not my fault your team is on the wrong side of history. That said, if it is that upsetting for you, I shall refrain in the future as you seem like a nice enough fellow and I would not wish to cause you pain or anguish.

for example see below

quantrillfan.jpg

In the interest of full disclosure, people tried unsuccessfully (KU stopped them) to market this shirt recently...

ku-johnbrownshirt-thumb.jpg

Wow!.

Thanks, Jayhawk, for the History lesson. (I had no idea and I grew up ~50 miles North of the KS border.

So you're sayin' "Slaver" has nothing to do with Star Trek or Glenwood girls secret desire to have Cy's "super weapon" in their "stasis box"?

Pity.

kansasalbum.jpg

I like the blue shirt with the Kansas album cover on it.

Wow!.

Thanks, Jayhawk, for the History lesson. (I had no idea and I grew up ~50 miles North of the KS border.

So you're sayin' "Slaver" has nothing to do with Star Trek or Glenwood girls secret desire to have Cy's "super weapon" in their "stasis box"?

Pity.

kansasalbum.jpg

I like the blue shirt with the Kansas album cover on it.

I assume you are kidding, but in case not, that is John Brown, a Kansan who later tried to start a slave uprising by attacking and taking over the Federal Arsenal in Harper's Ferry Virginia (Now West Virginia, but they had not seceded from Virigina yet when it happened). It was put down by another famous American, who was a Colonel in he US Army at the time, Robert E. Lee. That is actually a painting called "Bleeding Kansas" (We have Missouri to thank for that) and it decorates the State Capitol in Topeka... And is apparently an Album cover...

Forgot to show the Mizzou shirt, nothing like a pro-slavery sacking and massacre of unarmed people to fire up the MU faithful? I guess?

2003893846_130a1d11f9_o.jpg

One ironic thing, I think KU / MU is the only real in conference rivalry between a free and slave state. Most of the conferences are either all in the former confederacy, or not, or that has changed recently (SWC team to BIG 12, ACC expansion). Historically, I think no other major conference from many years back had old cross state civil war rivals play regularly, like Penn State and UVA, or something like that....

Sort of kidding.

I vaguely remember When Kansas came out with the album when I was 14 and knowing it was a painting of God or some religious zealot (John Brown), but over the years, I forgot the 4 minutes we spent in class talking about who he was.

Seems like JB and Quantrill were two wrongs that never would make a right.

One ironic thing, I think KU / MU is the only real in conference rivalry between a free and slave state. Most of the conferences are either all in the former confederacy, or not, or that has changed recently (SWC team to BIG 12, ACC expansion). Historically, I think no other major conference from many years back had old cross state civil war rivals play regularly, like Penn State and UVA, or something like that....

Jeez Jayhawk...you can't even give Iowans credit during the freaking Civil War? Iowa divisions fought all over Missouri...even the old Graybeard Division fought there.

Sure..Jayhawks fought in the war but they had a "reputation" among the units from more civilized states as in "Never trust a Jayhawk..." Apparently they were regarded as a bunch of thieves. There's a story from the siege of Vickburg that a soldier in an Iowa unit died of some disease or other so his comrades went to the cemetary, dug a grave and then went back to hold a funeral service before the burying....as the funeral was going on, a unit of Kansans happened by the cemetary and, seeing the hole, dumped one of their own casualties in it and buried him. When the Iowa unit got back to the cemetary and saw the grave had been taken one of them yelled..."It had to have been one of them damn Jayhawks...them Jayhawks would steal anything...including a man's grave!"

Husker37 needs to make a side trip to Nebraska City. They have all sorts of historical information on John Brown there. Apparently he even has a cave...my old man took the family there when I was real little and all I remember about it was it was sadistically boring....

• Plus1 1

Forgot to show the Mizzou shirt, nothing like a pro-slavery sacking and massacre of unarmed people to fire up the MU faithful? I guess?

What's the signifigance of the word "Scoreboard" on the shirt?

This thread all of the sudden makes me feel like I'm back in 9th grade again and in American History class! :lol:

Sad to say if you ask todays youth, "What is the number of Supreme Court justices that serve on the court?"

Not just the youth..

I'd probably have to look it up..

for now, I'll just say "Less than half of them".

(The rest are suffering from Alzheimer's)

Just got this email from a Cousin in Colorado Springs..

ONCE IN AWHILE SOME

REALLY GREAT E-MAIL COMES THRU - THIS IS ONE OF THEM

click here

It's titled, "NOW THAT'S GOD "

I still don't consider myself "Religious" but God and me are Buddies.

This thread all of the sudden makes me feel like I'm back in 9th grade again and in American History class! :lol:

Sad to say if you ask todays youth, "What is the number of Supreme Court justices that serve on the court?"

Not just the youth..

I'd probably have to look it up..

for now, I'll just say "Less than half of them".

(The rest are suffering from Alzheimer's)

Just got this email from a Cousin in Colorado Springs..

ONCE IN AWHILE SOME

REALLY GREAT E-MAIL COMES THRU - THIS IS ONE OF THEM

click here

It's titled, "NOW THAT'S GOD "

I still don't consider myself "Religious" but God and me are Buddies.

Thanks, man.

T_O_B

Jeez Jayhawk...you can't even give Iowans credit during the freaking Civil War? Iowa divisions fought all over Missouri...even the old Graybeard Division fought there.

Sure..Jayhawks fought in the war but they had a "reputation" among the units from more civilized states as in "Never trust a Jayhawk..." Apparently they were regarded as a bunch of thieves. There's a story from the siege of Vickburg that a soldier in an Iowa unit died of some disease or other so his comrades went to the cemetary, dug a grave and then went back to hold a funeral service before the burying....as the funeral was going on, a unit of Kansans happened by the cemetary and, seeing the hole, dumped one of their own casualties in it and buried him. When the Iowa unit got back to the cemetary and saw the grave had been taken one of them yelled..."It had to have been one of them damn Jayhawks...them Jayhawks would steal anything...including a man's grave!"

Husker37 needs to make a side trip to Nebraska City. They have all sorts of historical information on John Brown there. Apparently he even has a cave...my old man took the family there when I was real little and all I remember about it was it was sadistically boring....

I did go to your civil war memorial in Des Moines, very nice. We Jayhawks were a rough bunch at the time, no arguing that...

They beat us by burning Lawrence. I suppose they are suggesting we would need to burn Columbia to tie up the series, and actually we would need to burn it a few times. I think we would opt to play them in sports instead.

They beat us by burning Lawrence. I suppose they are suggesting we would need to burn Columbia to tie up the series, and actually we would need to burn it a few times. I think we would opt to play them in sports instead.

Or..You could hold a lighter

? :dunno

scoreboard1.jpg

There must be more significant reason for the shirt saying "Scoreboard"

Or..You could hold a lighter

? :dunno

scoreboard1.jpg

There must be more significant reason for the shirt saying "Scoreboard"

Nice find. I love how the tigers us the Quantrill quote on the back of the shirt, “Raise the black flag and ride hard, boys. Our cause is just and our enemies many.”

What cause was that, well one could say state's rights I guess, but out west, it was pretty clear it was about Slavery...

The gy in the article is an idiot as well on our mascot. Our name does reference the JAyhawks, but we toned it down quite a bit with the Cartoon bird. Note we do not use a Cavalry man... Now, to take us further off topic, but how African Americans can bring themselves to suit up for Ole-Miss, I am not sure...

Nice find. I love how the tigers us the Quantrill quote on the back of the shirt, “Raise the black flag ZCLO4324.JPG and ride hard, boys. Our cause is just and our enemies many.”

What cause was that, well one could say state's rights I guess, but out west, it was pretty clear it was about Slavery...

The gy in the article is an idiot as well on our mascot. Our name does reference the JAyhawks, but we toned it down quite a bit with the Cartoon bird. Note we do not use a Cavalry man... Now, to take us further off topic, but how African Americans can bring themselves to suit up for Ole-Miss, I am not sure...

I was wondering what bug spray had to do with the Ks/Mo war....And I'm not sure I want to know what or who they were riding so hard... <_<

I thought the mascot thing was a little way off, too..but then I remember how scary Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds" was when I 1st saw it. Jayhawk (urbandictionary)

The Ole'Miss thing?

I imagine it's like most of us..Sometimes we have to put up with bad situations in pursuit of our long term goals.

I've never been SE of Missouri unless you count the two months I lived in Austin, TX. So I don't really know much about their culture.

I'd guess ~80% of the people (all races) in the surrounding area would be poor enough to need to go to college close to home (so their folks can watch them play)..really..I can't imagine not wanting your parents to be able to see you play. But what other colleges are in the area that could get you that much exposure if you want to go on to the NFL?