Nice find. I love how the tigers us the Quantrill quote on the back of the shirt, “Raise the black flag ZCLO4324.JPG and ride hard, boys. Our cause is just and our enemies many.”

What cause was that, well one could say state's rights I guess, but out west, it was pretty clear it was about Slavery...

The gy in the article is an idiot as well on our mascot. Our name does reference the JAyhawks, but we toned it down quite a bit with the Cartoon bird. Note we do not use a Cavalry man... Now, to take us further off topic, but how African Americans can bring themselves to suit up for Ole-Miss, I am not sure...

I was wondering what bug spray had to do with the Ks/Mo war....And I'm not sure I want to know what or who they were riding so hard... <_<

I thought the mascot thing was a little way off, too..but then I remember how scary Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds" was when I 1st saw it. Jayhawk (urbandictionary)

The Ole'Miss thing?

I imagine it's like most of us..Sometimes we have to put up with bad situations in pursuit of our long term goals.

I've never been SE of Missouri unless you count the two months I lived in Austin, TX. So I don't really know much about their culture.

I'd guess ~80% of the people (all races) in the surrounding area would be poor enough to need to go to college close to home (so their folks can watch them play)..really..I can't imagine not wanting your parents to be able to see you play. But what other colleges are in the area that could get you that much exposure if you want to go on to the NFL?

Yeah, probably right. But they call themselves the rebels, have a confederate looking dude as the mascot, and until recently, they all waved cofnederate battle flags at the games. I don't care what flags people use, I am all for free specch, but if I am black and my fans think I am inspired by that, well, hmmmm

• Plus1 1

Yeah, probably right. But they call themselves the rebels, have a confederate looking dude as the mascot, and until recently, they all waved cofnederate battle flags at the games. I don't care what flags people use, I am all for free specch, but if I am black and my fans think I am inspired by that, well, hmmmm

Oh yeah...I'm sure they would be much more inspired by a fighting chicken (the Game c&#036;%ks) or a Duck....

I've been to a lot of college football games...talked to a lot of players....and I have yet to run into one that ever got any motivation whatsoever from the school mascot. Hell...half of them didn't even know the NAME of their school mascot.... <_<

Oh yeah...I'm sure they would be much more inspired by a fighting chicken (the Game c&#036;%ks) or a Duck....

I've been to a lot of college football games...talked to a lot of players....and I have yet to run into one that ever got any motivation whatsoever from the school mascot. Hell...half of them didn't even know the NAME of their school mascot.... <_<

I'm sure if you were Black you may notice your whole student section waving confederate flags... I could be worng, but I would think some of them would find it a bit offputting. I do not doubt the average mascot does much for players, I never really thought much about it when I played, but that is different than it offending you.