DE Emerson Evans

What coaches said to him was that he was their favorite speed-rusher, which is a hell of a compliment but not quite the same as being the #1 DE on their board.

As far as his size goes, rivals listed him at 230lbs. From his youtube vid that looks approximately correct.

From Husker Journal. Confirms he is being recruited at OLB. The quote about Bo eating popcorn is my favorite. :lol:

JULY 24, 2008. PREP STAR

EMERSON EVANS, OLB, 6-1, 230, 4.5, HOUSTON (ALIEF TAYLOR), TX

“I committed to Nebraska. It came down with my mom we had a conversation about where I wanted to go. We just got off the phone with Coach Ekeler. My mother talked to him. He (Ekeler) was telling her about the school.” said Evans

“I checked out Nebraska on the Internet and liked what I found out. I haven’t been to Nebraska I will try to make it up there this September for a game.” He said

“I called Coach Ekeler and told him that I wanted to commit and he was real excited about it. After that I talked to every single coach. Bo Pelini was the last coach I talked too.” said Evans

Bo told me that he handpicked me. Bo said he watched my film while eating pop corn and said I was a freak of nature. I like how Bo Pelini runs his defense. Nebraska is recruiting me as a outside linebacker.” he said

“Coach Ekeler came by my school for our spring game and talked to him face to face. He likes to talk and a funny man. Coach Ekeler said they were going to recruit me real hard. Then July 4th I got a scholarship letter in the mail.” said Evans

“I like Nebraska’s tradition and I want to be a part of it.”

Woah, really? I thought he was definitely a DE.

I didn't know we were still in the market for OLBs.

i might a try out? if he can't hack it but him on the outside of the d line? :dunno

I heard they plan to use Evans like they did Demarrio Williams and bring him off the corner. It might be a matter of terminology because some people refer to "defensive ends" as "outside linebackers".

i might a try out? if he can't hack it but him on the outside of the d line? :dunno

I heard they plan to use Evans like they did Demarrio Williams and bring him off the corner. It might be a matter of terminology because some people refer to "defensive ends" as "outside linebackers".

That was my first thought as well. I'm pretty sure Trev Alberts was listed as and OLB when he was playing.

That was my first thought as well. I'm pretty sure Trev Alberts was listed as and OLB when he was playing.

you are quite correct, wasn't tomich a olb for the fiesta bowl in 96?

• 1 month later...

• 2 months later...

He's no longer on the commit list on scout, and thers an article about his grade situation. Did we tell him no? :dunno

I was beginning to think about him.

Ya odd that he isnt listed and i wouldnt be surprised if the coaches pulled his offer. He had a sub par season this year.

And right now the coaching staff is up talking to Ankrah, who we will probably end up with, then if we pull him we will very well be in the hunt for Stanely.