SIGNED: QB Cody Green

very good size and some speed. i would be surprised if Texas didn't land him.

Texas already has Garrett Gilbert comitted (#15 on rivals top 100). They might not be a factor. :dunno , assuming he wants to stay at qb.

And LSU has Russell Shepard though I'm not sure if he is a QB or Athlete for them.

Do you suppose it's between us and TAMU?

LSU also has Chris Garrett.

.... certainly isn't going to hurt us. Sounds very promissing. Buckle up. Sounds like the roller coaster ride that is recuriting seson is picking up speed:D :nanalama

article from brr

Cody Green (Dayton)- 6'4 220 4.70-

The Leaders- Texas A&M and Nebraska

In the race- Boston College, Kansas State, Purdue and Mississippi State

Dark horses- Oklahoma State, Baylor, Texas Tech and Houston

Type of quarterback- Drop back passer who can run

Green is a dream player, tall, strong armed, smart, leadership skills, can make all the throws and can burn the other team running the ball if needed. Right now two teams are the leaders with Texas A&M and Nebraska getting the biggest interest from Cody. Green wants to visit his other favorites during the summer before making a decision. He will be an early grad and will enroll in January.

If you look at his teams they are mostly relatively close with Boston College and Purdue being the outliers. A&M is in state, while Nebraska, KSU and Mississippi State relatively close. From our conversations with Cody he would like to stay decently close to home, he is very close to his mom so that could be a factor on where he goes.

Another big factor is that he wants to major in Agricultural Science which favors Texas A&M, Nebraska, Oklahoma State and Mississippi State. The teams in the state of Texas are going to be a major factor here with all the in state teams offering except for Texas.

Practically every team in the state is trying their best to get into the ball game for Green. One of the hometown schools, The University of Houston, is trying to get in the game with a full court press on Green and them using all the cards in their deck to try to get his interest. Like the other teams recruiting him they think he is a difference maker and are looking to make him the face of their recrutiing class. He is such a good athlete that he has several offers as a wide receiver.

Best guess right now is A&M is the favorite at this point followed by Nebraska. with him visiting several schools in the summer plus several schools going all out for him things could change. However, the sooner the decision the better for the front runner.

Our WCO should definitely look more polished than ATM's this year, maybe it'll help us a bit.

We seem to be in the running for several of the same qb's as ATM. Maybe if they can step-up and land one of the others at-least it could put us in first place for Green.

I hope that our Agricultural Science structure here in Lincoln will help this guy in his decision to play here at Lincoln. I know that he said that he's really close to his mother and stuff but who isn't. Most of these college players are close to their parents and family but if you want to make it big and play some where, where they've develope great quarterbacks in the past few years, I think that Nebraska should be in the top spot.

This kids sounds like he could be another frazier/crouch in him and that could be very well on what we are trying to find. I wish this kid the best of luck and where he goes whether its A&M or Nebraska that he goes to the school with the best Agricultural Science class that hes looking for.

he will be in Lincoln for the QB Academy this summer

Thats great to hear.....at least he's trying to see what Nebraska might have to offer him and during his time in Lincoln he should do more research into our academics and then tour the weight room and the Hawks Athletic Complex!!!!

• 2 weeks later...