SIGNED: QB Cody Green

Is camping this weekend. Says decision after this camp.

He said within four weeks(before he is getting ready for the football season), so not right after, but NU has a very good shot with him still.

I have heard from two very reliable people that he will be deciding after camp . But hey.. anything could happen.

I don't have my hopes up. I think he already knows where he wants to go, but just wants to solidify that decision by making one last visit. It seems to be between A&M and us. they are really close to his hometown, and has visited them on multiple occasions at this point. I believe one thing he mentioned that was important was making sure his mom could make it to the games.... sooooo I am thinking the odds are against us.... but I would LOVE to be proved wrong.

Just saw some video on this guy, and I must say, I am pretty impressed. Granted, these clips are made so that the prospect looks AWESOME, but here are some key features I like about him:

1) You can't tell from video, but from all accounts I have heard, he has a great personality and character.

2) He likes to get the whole team involved. I think this fits in perfectly with our WCO/Spread...sorry, the "Nebraska" offense (as Watson called it). I think too often, many QBs have a "go-to-guy," and while this is okay, it becomes predictable. Spread the defense thin, and keep them guessing where the ball is going to go. That's what I like to see!

3) He's a strong runner. He's definitely not afraid of hitting somebody (or getting hit). He can elude defenders, but I saw many plays where he just put his shoulder pads down and rammed right through!

4) Strong arm. This is always a positive. However, I would put accuracy ahead of arm strength any day of the week (see Joe Montana).

5) Dual threat QB. This kind of ties in with 3 and 4, but whenever you have a dual threat QB, it adds another layer to your offense.

Wish the probability of getting this kid to come to Nebraska was 100%! We could definitely use a QB like him, that's for sure!

I'm surprised that people aren't freaking out more about a potential commitment from this kid, especially since he is a five star on scout. Who's the last five star quarterback we've had committed? Oh yeah, Blaine Gabbert, people couldn't stop talking about him even after he switched to Missouri.

I'm surprised that people aren't freaking out more about a potential commitment from this kid, especially since he is a five star on scout. Who's the last five star quarterback we've had committed? Oh yeah, Blaine Gabbert, people couldn't stop talking about him even after he switched to Missouri.

I would be freaking out, but I REALLY don't want to jinx this.

He is the real deal down here in Texas. I want this kid to be a Husker!

makes you wonder why more top level programs havent shown interest.

especially texas, i understand they already have commitments, but if he was as good as some people are making him out to be, the Horns would have already locked him up.

dont take this post as a knock towards Cody Green, i want him to be a husker as much as the next guy, but having missed his entire junior season, i am hesitant to fill up on the cody green kool-aid.

especially texas, i understand they already have commitments, but if he was as good as some people are making him out to be, the Horns would have already locked him up.

dont take this post as a knock towards Cody Green, i want him to be a husker as much as the next guy, but having missed his entire junior season, i am hesitant to fill up on the cody green kool-aid.

Well one benefit that I know his commitment would do is start the ball rolling well for recruiting.

Others will follow.

Well one benefit that I know his commitment would do is start the ball rolling well for recruiting.

Others will follow.

I agree, once we get the commitment from Green, he'll be our best recruiter out there, but that also worked against us last year with Gabbert, but I doubt that if Green commits, that he renegs, there ain't gonna be any coaching changes at Nebraska for a long, long time.

Others will follow.

:yeah