SIGNED: CB Andrew Green

Andrew Green is a really good looking DB prospect especially built for Pelini's Zone style of D. Gathered from another board that he has an uncle that played pro ball for the Rams.

Also Andrew Green has a little brother that is a sophomore this year and will be a HIGHLY recruited RB for the 2011 class. Amazing speed and cutting ability. Hopefully the Whorns don't come in and he wants to come up to NU to play with his brother.

Sorry no youtube/highlight footage of big brother Andrew!

Geez, I'm not sure I've seen cuts like that before. Guy gives new meaning to 'turn on a dime'!

Andrew Green is a really good looking DB prospect especially built for Pelini's Zone style of D. Gathered from another board that he has an uncle that played pro ball for the Rams.

Also Andrew Green has a little brother that is a sophomore this year and will be a HIGHLY recruited RB for the 2011 class. Amazing speed and cutting ability. Hopefully the Whorns don't come in and he wants to come up to NU to play with his brother.

wow, that kid is goooood!!!

Yea, considering he's still 15 years old and still maturing, just think what he'll look like as a senior. Hopefully Pelini and company have him up here for NU's camp next year and the year after-that and big brother loves it at NU.

wow, that kid is goooood!!!

Yea, considering he's still 15 years old and still maturing, just think what he'll look like as a senior. Hopefully Pelini and company have him up here for NU's camp next year and the year after-that and big brother loves it at NU.

15... Damn that kid is outstanding. What speed.

From Husker Journal. Gotta love this...the kid commits to us after seeing Missouri. I'll take that comparison all day...when I catch Missouri games (i.e. Fox regional Big 12 games) there is like no one even in Missouri's stadium...is it just me or is their stadium like always only half full...looks awful on TV with all the empty seats. Like I said, try comparing that to the sold out Sea Of Red crowds for NU! Welcome, Andrew!

DECEMBER 14, 2008. PREP STAR

ANDREW GREEN, CB, 6-1, 175, 4.5, SAN ANTONIO (JAMES MADISON), TEXAS

Green Commits to Huskers on Missouri visit

“Missouri dropped me off at the Hotel Sunday morning before my trip back home. Then I called Coach Brown (Nebraska) and told him the good news.” Green said, “Coach Brown told me congratulations of being a Cornhusker, happy to be on board. Coach Brown is to visit me tomorrow night with my family, probably down to the house or maybe the school and the house.”

Green visited Nebraska for the San Jose State game

“The fans were pretty crazy. They (Nebraska) sell out for every game, they bleed red. I would love to play in that crowd. A lot of fans knew who I was at the game. It was like family at Nebraska. I wasn’t leading towards Nebraska after the visit, I wanted to take some other visits so I could compare. Distance was not a factor.” Green said

“Coach Pelini was down for a home visit two weeks ago, he’s a pretty good guy I like his style.” Green said

“I like the academics at Nebraska and the facilities. I’m not sure if I will play early, go down there and compete and see what happens.” Green added

“Nebraska coaches like me because I’m physical I’m pretty quick and fast for my size.” Green said

“I liked Missouri but I didn’t have that feeling like Nebraska. There was nothing wrong with Missouri” Green added

From Husker Journal. Gotta love this...the kid commits to us after seeing Missouri. I'll take that comparison all day...when I catch Missouri games (i.e. Fox regional Big 12 games) there is like no one even in Missouri's stadium...is it just me or is their stadium like always only half full...looks awful on TV with all the empty seats. Like I said, try comparing that to the sold out Sea Of Red crowds for NU! Welcome, Andrew!

DECEMBER 14, 2008. PREP STAR

ANDREW GREEN, CB, 6-1, 175, 4.5, SAN ANTONIO (JAMES MADISON), TEXAS

Green Commits to Huskers on Missouri visit

“Missouri dropped me off at the Hotel Sunday morning before my trip back home. Then I called Coach Brown (Nebraska) and told him the good news.” Green said, “Coach Brown told me congratulations of being a Cornhusker, happy to be on board. Coach Brown is to visit me tomorrow night with my family, probably down to the house or maybe the school and the house.”

----snip----

I liked Missouri but I didn’t have that feeling like Nebraska. There was nothing wrong with Missouri” Green added

Reminds me of the story OL commit Sirles was telling about talking with Chris Williams about Oregon and they both said "it just wasn't Nebraska"

• 5 weeks later...

Andrew Green was bumped up to about as close as you can get to a 4 star, but I noticed something even more intriguing...

Rivals rates him the #40 CB, but then you also see he is rated the #3 Most Physical Corner... holy cow I realize being a #40 CB and a near 4 star isn't really flying under the radar, but something must really stick out to these guys with how physical Green is. Usually those specialty ratings like "Best In Open Field", etc... are just full of 5 stars and sorted by their strengths so I would assume this a pretty big compliment to Green's playing style.