CB DeAndre Byrd

Danimal

Bo is making it a point to dip back into the Lincoln HS talent pool.

I'm sure a few of you remember the Tallahassee 5 from a few years back. Extremely talented groups of kids from the same HS (although they never amounted to squat, besides Darity) who Bo recruited while he was our DC. With Bo, we nearly landed every single one of them until it became obvious he was not returning as our coach. We held onto Danny Muy, who was already committed.

Bo has a great relationship with their coach, so there is absolutely no one that will come from that school that we will not throw our hat into the ring with.

lets not get to excited to fast here.......on scout he is listed as a 2* with no offers from anyone.

not saying that scout is correct but no offers, can they really be that far behind

Not sure how Scout missed him. Rivals article from May listed offers from Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan St., South Carolina, South Florida, Ole Miss, Miss St., Colorado, Arkansas, Central Florida

Anyway, welcome.

Haha, I always find the term "florida speed' funny. What's that mean exactly? If you're born in Florida are you given a special certificate saying you are now part of the fastest state in the nation? What makes the kids in Florida faster? Intersting.

Yes. There is a lot of speed from that part of the country. I've heard of "florida speed" and I also hear "SEC speed" all the time. It's a speed conference.

Haha, I always find the term "florida speed' funny. What's that mean exactly? If you're born in Florida are you given a special certificate saying you are now part of the fastest state in the nation? What makes the kids in Florida faster? Intersting.

It's about talent level.

Practicing and playing against kids who are faster, stronger and bigger everyday makes kids work harder. They don't just roll over and decide they have talent. Most actually work their butts off in the weight room.

Kids from places like Florida have gone up against unbelievable talent from a younger age. You can call it more about population density or whatever you like, but the 'Florida speed' is not some fallacy.

It's pretty easy to notice that 'SEC' (southern) speed when you watch a guy with SEC and ACC players, then compare it to a B12.

It's about talent level.

Practicing and playing against kids who are faster, stronger and bigger everyday makes kids work harder. They don't just roll over and decide they have talent. Most actually work their butts off in the weight room.

Kids from places like Florida have gone up against unbelievable talent from a younger age. You can call it more about population density or whatever you like, but the 'Florida speed' is not some fallacy.

It's pretty easy to notice that 'SEC' (southern) speed when you watch a guy with SEC and ACC players, then compare it to a B12.

Anyone remember when Darren McFadden got ran down from behind in the Arkansas Wisconsin bowl game? Yeah, I'm not buying it.

It's about talent level.

Anyone remember when Darren McFadden got ran down from behind in the Arkansas Wisconsin bowl game? Yeah, I'm not buying it.

What if the Wisconsin DB that ran McFadden down was from the state of Florida? :lol:

It's about talent level.

What if the Wisconsin DB that ran McFadden down was from the state of Florida? :lol:

27 Jack Ikegwuonu CB 6-1 199 01/07/1986 SO* Madison, WI (Memorial HS)

Midwest boy

Can't remember what school it is in Florida... but ESPN did a story on them a while back.

They chase rabbits through fields and try and catch them... apparently it does help with their speed and agility.

Kinda weird if ya ask me, but whatever.

Welcome aboard, Mr. Byrd.