MU & KU Fans....

ray233

***SNIP***

On the other side of things, MU losses a lot. I don't see MU competing for anything next year. Nebraska losses a lot, but I think their defense will be even better. They'll compete for the North right along with KU, and may very well win it, since KU has to play the Giants of the South yet again!! I hate this schedule!!

I agree about the unbalanced schedule.

I propose division champ be determined by:

1) within division

2) common opponents from other division

3) overall conf schedule

4) average game attendance :clap

hopefully he'll drive it too fast (guaranteed) and total it. that'll show you to be arrogant.

totally off topic, but has anyone else noticed that Kansas drivers seem to do about 20 over the speed limit on the highway. I am no angel and have done my fair share of "reckless and dangerous" driving, but I swear 80 to 90% of the time someone blows by me, its a kansas driver

The faster you drive IN Kansas...the faster you get OUT of Kansas.

:rollin Cy you should be doing stand up in Vegas.

Interesting to read a Husker manifesto about good teams and good programs when you have neither right now. The only real losers are sore losers, and your ilk seem to have a real sense of entitlement when it comes to other fans taking any pride in their team's accomplishments. I've never seen a fan base more surly or whiny when it comes to the success of others.

God forbid if a Mizzou fan or KU fan gets a little excited about their football team - "B-B-BUT WE'RE NEBRASKA FOR GOD'S SAKE! THEIR PROGRAM DOESN'T HAVE THE STORIED HISTORY OURS DOES! WHO DO THEY THINK THEY ARE?!"

What's your problem anyway?

Your team is 7-4, likely to go to 8-4, and congratulations have been posted on this board from myself as well as a few other Tiger fans. Posts like the one that started this thread make me really wish that Pinkel would have hung 70 on you guys.

It's not like he couldn't have done it...

Your rant conveys nothing but weakness and insecurity. It validates one of two things: either my Tigers have gotten under your skin, or you're incredibly ignorant.

I say that because I don't think you'd find a Tiger or Jayhawk fan anywhere on the planet who would claim their team has achieved a position anywhere near what Nebraska has achieved in its history. We understand that requires big-time victories and sustained excellence over decades, not just a couple years. 'Show Me' one post from a Mizzou fan on ANY board that even implies we have reached that level.

I'm waiting...

There, does that make you feel better?

That said, you're more than welcome to keep enjoying bowl games from 10 years ago and yellowed photographs while in your rocking chair. You can also continue talking about how you're going to be back at the top in three more years. Rock-heads like you have been saying that for the last six or seven years now. Keep doing it, because fans from the other schools here in the North find it kind of amusing.

It may happen, it may not. But if it does, and you have a clearly superior team, you're not going to see me assume the role of a pogue in trying to take anything away from it. Although I detested the way Osborne would run up the score against us, I still marveled at the talent and discipline of his teams, and had no problem with stating it as fact. Nor did any of my fellow Tiger fans.

Whatever the future holds, we own the North right now, and we most definitely own you. At least until the next time our teams take the field. That's an 11-month lollipop my friend. Deal with it. And grow up.

'Seriously...'

• This was posted in August....NU's record had nothing to do with anything at the time
  • This thread is 4 or 5 pages long. I'm going to assume you read the entire thing including the back and forth replies as it matured
  • You come on here and read a 5-month old post and then reply AFTER the season about how Missouri owns Nebraska and the North....Our coach has been around for one year and we're one conference win behind your 'ownership' of the North...
  • This post was derived by reading multiple postings on this board alone about how great MU and KU were because of one good season. KU fans were going to win 10 this year and beat NU at home...and MU fans were talking National Championship all the way. That's going to be tough next year, as in my opinion...both teams are on the fall from last year and NU is rising. Losing your star players isn't going to help any. If you want to see hundreds of posts on the topic, just search the board. In fact, there are many posts within this thread about it
  • I'm not going to reply directly to your "grow up" comment

I'm sorry if this thread has offended you, but that's not the goal around here. In my experience, we typically get along great with fans from other teams that post.

Your original post took the form of lecture towards MU & KU fans about what constitutes a great team versus a great program, blah blah blah...

Your latest one refers to MU fans claiming - on this board - that a NC was all but a certainty. A possibility yes, but never a certainty, and I can't imagine that discussion ever being held by Tiger fans on a Husker board. Nor do I recall Mizzou fans coming to this board to talk about how 'great' our team is. Can you show me one post on this board that supports either of your assertions?

I didn't think so.

The funny thing is, I like Nebraskans. I've lived in Papillion for the last three years, and will probably be there for a few more.

However the petulance and pettiness of some of the posters I see on this board is amazing, especially when one considers the "Greatest Fans in College Football" thing that's inscribed on your stadium. What hypocrisy.

I don't understand it. Back when the Huskers were rolling and Mizzou was down (and there were a lot of years like that), it never occurred to me to slag NU or its fans, or look for some perceived slight to get up in arms about. All my frustrations were vented on my own school's team and program. It began and ended there.

So we don't have any nat'l championships. You definitely got us there. But one thing we definitely can do is take a punch to the gut without crying about it afterwards. Tiger fans are tough, dedicated and committed to seeing their team improve in the areas that demand it. They don't waste a lot of time hating, unless it's KU.

You think the last five years have been tough? Try fighting your way through 20 years of that kind of crap. And yet, we're still wearing the black and gold.

Is that not worthy of a little respect? Does that not create its own kind of honor?

I think it could be argued that it's at least on a par with the glory you try to confer on yourselves. It's easy to love a winner. Everybody wants to be on that bandwagon, especially when you live in a state that doesn't have any other big time athletic franchises. But to love a dog, year in and year out, for no other reason than that it's the flagship campus of your home state, a state that's also played in Super Bowls and World Series - now that's true love.

So you're right. We don't have a great program. I don't even think we have a great team. Even if we win against the South on Dec 6th, it'll go down as a great victory brought home by a good team. Nothing more.

But one thing you and your fellow Husker fans need to realize is that respect and nobility can be earned any number of ways. It can be earned through failure as well as success. Adversity as well as dominance. Witness the Spartans at Thermopylae.

Success is a coat that anyone can wear, but how well can you wear defeat and humility? Do you have the guts to wear it without lashing out and denigrating others for some imagined offense? In that sense, I think some of 'The Greatest Fans In College Football' might have a little something to learn from us lowly Tiger fans.

Interesting to read a Husker manifesto about good teams and good programs when you have neither right now. The only real losers are sore losers, and your ilk seem to have a real sense of entitlement when it comes to other fans taking any pride in their team's accomplishments. I've never seen a fan base more surly or whiny when it comes to the success of others.

God forbid if a Mizzou fan or KU fan gets a little excited about their football team - "B-B-BUT WE'RE NEBRASKA FOR GOD'S SAKE! THEIR PROGRAM DOESN'T HAVE THE STORIED HISTORY OURS DOES! WHO DO THEY THINK THEY ARE?!"

Your team is 7-4, likely to go to 8-4, and congratulations have been posted on this board from myself as well as a few other Tiger fans. Posts like the one that started this thread make me really wish that Pinkel would have hung 70 on you guys.

Your rant conveys nothing but weakness and insecurity. It validates one of two things: either my Tigers have gotten under your skin, or you're incredibly ignorant.

I say that because I don't think you'd find a Tiger or Jayhawk fan anywhere on the planet who would claim their team has achieved a position anywhere near what Nebraska has achieved in its history. We understand that requires big-time victories and sustained excellence over decades, not just a couple years. 'Show Me' one post from a Mizzou fan on ANY board that even implies we have reached that level.

I'm waiting...

That said, you're more than welcome to keep enjoying bowl games from 10 years ago and yellowed photographs while in your rocking chair. You can also continue talking about how you're going to be back at the top in three more years. Rock-heads like you have been saying that for the last six or seven years now. Keep doing it, because fans from the other schools here in the North find it kind of amusing.

It may happen, it may not. But if it does, and you have a clearly superior team, you're not going to see me assume the role of a pogue in trying to take anything away from it. Although I detested the way Osborne would run up the score against us, I still marveled at the talent and discipline of his teams, and had no problem with stating it as fact. Nor did any of my fellow Tiger fans.

Whatever the future holds, we own the North right now, and we most definitely own you. At least until the next time our teams take the field. That's an 11-month lollipop my friend. Deal with it. And grow up.

'Seriously...'

• This was posted in August....NU's record had nothing to do with anything at the time
  • This thread is 4 or 5 pages long. I'm going to assume you read the entire thing including the back and forth replies as it matured
  • You come on here and read a 5-month old post and then reply AFTER the season about how Missouri owns Nebraska and the North....Our coach has been around for one year and we're one conference win behind your 'ownership' of the North...
  • This post was derived by reading multiple postings on this board alone about how great MU and KU were because of one good season. KU fans were going to win 10 this year and beat NU at home...and MU fans were talking National Championship all the way. That's going to be tough next year, as in my opinion...both teams are on the fall from last year and NU is rising. Losing your star players isn't going to help any. If you want to see hundreds of posts on the topic, just search the board. In fact, there are many posts within this thread about it

I'm sorry if this thread has offended you, but that's not the goal around here. In my experience, we typically get along great with fans from other teams that post.

Your original post took the form of lecture towards MU & KU fans about what constitutes a great team versus a great program, blah blah blah...

Your latest one refers to MU fans claiming - on this board - that a NC was all but a certainty. A possibility yes, but never a certainty, and I can't imagine that discussion ever being held by Tiger fans on a Husker board. Nor do I recall Mizzou fans coming to this board to talk about how 'great' our team is. Can you show me one post on this board that supports either of your assertions?

I didn't think so.

The funny thing is, I like Nebraskans. I've lived in Papillion for the last three years, and will probably be there for a few more.

However the petulance and pettiness of some of the posters I see on this board is amazing, especially when one considers the "Greatest Fans in College Football" thing that's inscribed on your stadium. What hypocrisy.

I don't understand it. Back when the Huskers were rolling and Mizzou was down (and there were a lot of years like that), it never occurred to me to slag NU or its fans, or look for some perceived slight to get up in arms about. All my frustrations were vented on my own school's team and program. It began and ended there.

So we don't have any nat'l championships. You definitely got us there. But one thing we definitely can do is take a punch to the gut without crying about it afterwards. Tiger fans are tough, dedicated and committed to seeing their team improve in the areas that demand it. They don't waste a lot of time hating, unless it's KU.

You think the last five years have been tough? Try fighting your way through 20 years of that kind of crap. And yet, we're still wearing the black and gold.

Is that not worthy of a little respect? Does that not create its own kind of honor?

I think it could be argued that it's at least on a par with the glory you try to confer on yourselves. It's easy to love a winner. Everybody wants to be on that bandwagon, especially when you live in a state that doesn't have any other big time athletic franchises. But to love a dog, year in and year out, for no other reason than that it's the flagship campus of your home state, a state that's also played in Super Bowls and World Series - now that's true love.

So you're right. We don't have a great program. I don't even think we have a great team. Even if we win against the South on Dec 6th, it'll go down as a great victory brought home by a good team. Nothing more.

But one thing you and your fellow Husker fans need to realize is that respect and nobility can be earned any number of ways. It can be earned through failure as well as success. Adversity as well as dominance. Witness the Spartans at Thermopylae.

Success is a coat that anyone can wear, but how well can you wear defeat and humility? Do you have the guts to wear it without lashing out and denigrating others for some imagined offense? In that sense, I think some of 'The Greatest Fans In College Football' might have a little something to learn from us lowly Tiger fans.

yet, where were all those fans during your down years? was your stadium sold out? where were all of these "fans" at? Your statement that it's tough to love a dog, well yea it is, but guess what, not many stayed behind them during all those years of getting beat down. Sure, now they show up, you're good. so tough to do.

I'm waiting...

'Seriously...'

I didn't think so.

OMG we have a MOLE in our midst! :ahhhhhhhh:ohnoes:duel

I'm waiting...

'Seriously...'

I didn't think so.

I type really long posts about nothing and I use really big words. That makes me cool.

Listen, we all bow down to the great Mizzou. They are great, we should respect them. Blah, blah, blah.

We don't respect you because you start this BS, you not us. It is annoying, ask anybody from USC, OU, Ohio State, and Miami. It gets old hearing how these fly by night teams are the new elite.

Let me tell you the difference between Nebraska and Missouri:

You've never had the best team in your conference, we've had the consensus greatest team of all time.

'nuff said.