Season Ticket List

They still have a heck of a bill to pay after two hefty buyouts. Just think of it as buying us all out of another few seasons of "culture change".

Gee...as I remember there was supposed to have been some big donors, or even Warren Buffet that was going to step in and take care of the big buyout...oh wait, that was back in rumorville. :sarcasm

Wow I really take my 4 season tickets for granted.

Enjoy them! I just don't like the greed and the gall they have to ask me to pay just to be on a list waiting for my day to have those valued tickets. I also just wish that they would be up front and do away with the term "donation", because this is no donation, it is the cost of getting those tickets, if you don't pay, you will never see them if you are on the list that I am on...and in fact, the longer you don't pay, the farther down the list you will slide evidently.

I have been on this list for years, slowly moving up. I would of believed it when Peterson was around that they would pull something like this, because he was all about money, but under Osborne? I have had my view of Dr. Tom changed just a little. Yeah, there are higher ups, but he has a lot of pull there, but evidently all the new expansion they want to do is more important than taking care of their fan base that are the average Nebraska fans. If this is the way they want to go, you will see less and less younger kids learning the "Nebraska Way", because it has definitely turned green instead of red.

I have had my rant, and rest my case on this issue. Thanks to everyone that read my point of view, agreeing or disagreeing.

GBR!

Problem is that the "Average Nebraska Fan" will not usually ever have season tickets, or if they do they will be nosebleed seats. Most "Average Nebraska Fans" get their tickets on a game to game basis. The reason for this is simple economics, supply vs demand, 85,000 is simply not enough. 110,000 would be better but I imagine season tickets still would not be easy to get(afford) for the "Average Nebraska Fan"

The athletic department does offer tickets to games at face value to doners on the list though. My dad got tickets to Western Michigan and Baylor for face value because he's on the waiting list. Think they give away some of the visitor seating when they don't fill up or something because I think they're section 19 which is the visitor seating pretty sure. Still though I choose to pay year by year on ticketexpress for season tickets. They're well over face value but if you figure the donations you will have to make to get the season tickets it may actually be cheaper than going through the waiting list. I think adding more seats would be awesome, but I don't know that it would be any easier to get season tickets through the the university.

It does suck that you have to continue to donate money and not have the tickets in your hands for years. Putting this on TO is not fair to him at all. Yes, he may have a lot of pull with people, but when the regents and others are the people making the decisions for what they are going to do for tickets...also, as stated, the football program needs to carry other programs.

I would love to be on the list, but it is just not feasible for me right now. Maybe someday, but I guess I will just have to look at game to game to see what I can do.

Still though I choose to pay year by year on ticketexpress for season tickets. They're well over face value but if you figure the donations you will have to make to get the season tickets it may actually be cheaper than going through the waiting list.

I am beginning to think that this is the best option, I will be damned if I am going to pay their so-called "donation" and then not even know if I will get the tickets for years to come. I don't mind supporting the university, but I also don't like to be strong armed, and that is what this so-called "donation" is in my opinion.

For now, I guess I will continue to buy the single game tickets when I come through Nebraska, and deal with trying to get the season tickets some other way other than paying their donation when it comes time that I decide to do it.

I just don't like how they have not asked for this "donation" since they started this list, now all of a sudden they are sending out emails to everyone telling us that we are going to slide down the list if we don't come up with some cash - just to be on their stinking list. It makes me mad as hell. I have been a Husker fan since I could think, and this is the way we get treated when we finally get to a point in life where we can afford the tickets at face value (which isn't cheap either for some of us poor slobs)? They want to strong arm us into giving a donation just to be on the list...ridiculous!! :angry:

I may not be the brightest bulb in the store, but I am not about to just hand over $250 for the next ten years and not know when or if I will ever really get the tickets. This system they have devised is a joke...and I suggest that they review their thinking, because it is going to do nothing but alienate a lot of fans such as myself. I would rather use the $250 to buy beer and sit in front of the television than to hand it over to them and get absolutely nothing in return. :angry:

If anyone from the Athletic Department reads this board, I suggest you rethink this grand idea. But I imagine you are too busy spending money to read this board, it seems like that is all the University is wanting to do anymore - expand and spend money. For a public institution they sure ask for a lot of private money from the little guys.

I don't totally blame TO, I know that there are people above him influencing this decision. I also have no doubt that this idea originated from Peterson...it smells just like him.

dedhoarse

On the plus for the AD, when the stadium was expanded all former athletes were sent a letter of interest. If they responded they were allowed to purchase two season tickets. With or without donations. Honestly the donation didn't have an impact. I have a buddy that gave a couple hundred bucks and his seats are right next to mine.

I don't think there is a good or fair solution to encompass everyone, It is what it is.. I think Ohio State is experimenting with some intersting ways to distribute tickets?

On the plus for the AD, when the stadium was expanded all former athletes were sent a letter of interest. If they responded they were allowed to purchase two season tickets. With or without donations. Honestly the donation didn't have an impact. I have a buddy that gave a couple hundred bucks and his seats are right next to mine.

I don't think there is a good or fair solution to encompass everyone, It is what it is.. I think Ohio State is experimenting with some intersting ways to distribute tickets?

I would take the two worst seats in Memorial Stadium, I don't care, to me they are all good seats.

This "donation" does however move you up the list and ahead of everyone that has been on the list from the beginning however, that is my problem with it. Why have a list if as soon as seats come available, the highest "donor" is going to get them anyway? Even if you donate the suggested $250, if someone else donates $251 they are ahead of you even if you have been on the list from the beginning and they just put their name on it today. That is wrong.

If they want to be honest about it, they should just do away with the list, and have a silent auction for the seats as they come available, because in essence that is what is happening anyway. Why give false hope to us poor slobs that can't afford to outbid everyone else?

Maybe referring to the Alumi association lottery for tickets? All dues paying members can be entered into a lottery for tickets to one game. They changed the lottery recently so no priority is given to anyone:

1. If I donate money to the Alumni Association, does that improve my chances of getting tickets?

No. Donor history plays no role in determining ticket priority. All active dues-paying members of the Alumni Association as of March 1, 2008, have an equal chance to get tickets in the random lottery, whether they are donors or not.

Not sure about the season ticket policy as most of my friends don't have that kind of cash.

Or were you referring to their new shilling for Direct TV policy? :bang

Of course you could just run for the legislature and get your season tickets that way. <_<

The list is broken into 2 sections. People who have requested tickets, and people who requested tickets and donate. For every $100 you give you get 3 points for the year and 1 lifetime point. You carry the lifetime points with you, and the yearly are just that. They can get you seats but if your donation rate falls, you may not have enough to carry your seats. Although if you have been giving for years, you have enough lifetime points to hold the seat.

If you go to huskers.com and click on development they have the system broken down for how it works.

Most of the tickets from places like ticket express are from legacy holders. they have 4 or 6 seats and sell off most of them. Due to the legacy part they either do not donate, or give very little. In fact some of these people hold tickets against the rules of the University, by not reporting that the ticket holder has passed away. They maintain a checking account in the fathers name and use that to pay for tickets. UNL has tried to stop this but they cant catch everyone. I feel that people who have 4 or more tickets, and don't use them (ie sell the entire season to ticket express) should lose all except two, this would open up a chance for those who can't donate. The system may be unfair, but it is the only one that works, you cannot shut out people who make a donation, just because someone has been on the list for a longer amount of time. when it comes down to it, donations to the system are the second biggest stream of income the athletic department has.

If memory serves I think a person can get season tickets for a donation of $500, I dont know if that is per seat though. In the end someone will end up feeling shut out, but this is the system we have to live by. In the end this is one thing in life where money can buy happiness (at least until the bill comes). Hope that helped clear somethings up.

This system has been in place since $Bill came in. It has been rumored that one of the reasons B.D stepped down was he felt uncomfortable in asking for money from fans that until that point never had to pay. To be honest the only way you will move up the list is to donate. Demand for tickets is very high this year, and it would seem a lot of people gave some money (I think the lowest is $100), so that is why you moved backwards, I feel for ya, but in the end that is how it works.

The list is broken into 2 sections. People who have requested tickets, and people who requested tickets and donate. For every $100 you give you get 3 points for the year and 1 lifetime point. You carry the lifetime points with you, and the yearly are just that. They can get you seats but if your donation rate falls, you may not have enough to carry your seats. Although if you have been giving for years, you have enough lifetime points to hold the seat.

If you go to huskers.com and click on development they have the system broken down for how it works.

Most of the tickets from places like ticket express are from legacy holders. they have 4 or 6 seats and sell off most of them. Due to the legacy part they either do not donate, or give very little. In fact some of these people hold tickets against the rules of the University, by not reporting that the ticket holder has passed away. They maintain a checking account in the fathers name and use that to pay for tickets. UNL has tried to stop this but they cant catch everyone. I feel that people who have 4 or more tickets, and don't use them (ie sell the entire season to ticket express) should lose all except two, this would open up a chance for those who can't donate. The system may be unfair, but it is the only one that works, you cannot shut out people who make a donation, just because someone has been on the list for a longer amount of time. when it comes down to it, donations to the system are the second biggest stream of income the athletic department has.

If memory serves I think a person can get season tickets for a donation of $500, I dont know if that is per seat though. In the end someone will end up feeling shut out, but this is the system we have to live by. In the end this is one thing in life where money can buy happiness (at least until the bill comes). Hope that helped clear somethings up.

This system has been in place since $Bill came in. It has been rumored that one of the reasons B.D stepped down was he felt uncomfortable in asking for money from fans that until that point never had to pay. To be honest the only way you will move up the list is to donate. Demand for tickets is very high this year, and it would seem a lot of people gave some money (I think the lowest is $100), so that is why you moved backwards, I feel for ya, but in the end that is how it works.

I appreciate the response...and have just resigned myself to the fact that the cheapest way to get tickets is just to either go through something like Ticket Express or pray that some long lost relative comes along and has no need for them anymore...fat chance.

I have sort of gotten this out of my system, actually trying not to even think about it much anymore because it just irks me to no end. I like to think that the team that I have known since I was a child was above all this, but I guess we all know that in the end the almighty dollar rules the day.

I do appreciate all the responses, and even thank people for not flaming me :steam . I don't like the way the system works, but I also understand that if it worked the way I would like it to, there would be a whole line of other people that would be unhappy too. Maybe one day, by some miracle, they will either build a new stadium or expand the current one again, and some how I will slip under the curtain.

Hey no worries, your mad and needed to get it out. Hang in there though. My brother has heard there is some talk of an expansion, it will be a few years until anything happens though. Hopefully that will get you a seat....

<_< I am a realist though, as soon as they announce an expansion, people will line up trying to donate to get those seats that come with the expansion. Just like last time. Only a few seats were actually put aside for people that were not donors.

I will still see games, get seats, but who knows where they will be in the stadium from game to game. That is alright though, just to be in the stadium, I would take a toilet seat during the game. Hopefully they will have the radio broadcast turned up... :clap