S. Pederson press conference

WyHus you almost made me lose my dinner! :o

Neuheisel!? AHHHHHHHH....

NOT funny. Grab another pint and try again!

Hey Dave, just so you know I heard someone say today that they heard you say something to someone else yesterday when they were talking to you on the phone with that guy from the bar down the street from the place Pederson used to get his haircut when he lived in North Platte. Can you qualify or disqualify these accusations???????? :blink:

If not we're in luck b/c I think I have this whole thing figured out!!! :)

Blackshirt

I think Steve was only "stretching" the truth. not that thats okay, but you have to figure he is pretty hamstrung with what he can tell us, so has to be real careful and thoughtful about every word. that would make anyone sweat a bit.

he was stretching the part about not offering anything - which I believe to be true. but I also believe that he hinted to Nutt that if he came to lincoln he would probly get the job. but i also think that steve was probly just leading him on to get him interested. i really do think he had plans all along of interview gill and pelini and others.

seriously, how would it have looked it Nutt did accept this alleged offer, and he just came back with this new head coach before inteviwing anyone else?! that would not have gone over well with anyone other than the peole that just want a coach for the sake of having one. that is not the right way to go about this. he is right, it needs to be thoughtful and extensive.

you know how much more sh#t he wouldve gotten if he did get the Nutt w/out intervieing anyone else, and he bombed?! he would be run out of town so quick.

i will say he did have to be lying about not knowing about the 2 mil offer until he saw the paper today. "I almost fell outta my chair" Come on steve, you arent fooling anyone. you at least heard about this "rumor" in the news last night. no way you didnt. So yes you are LYING about not knowing about it until today. that is somehting we do almost have concret proof about him fabricating.

but we have no idea if the offer ever existed, so I have to think that it didnt. it just wouldnt make sense to make that quick of a move by either party. and i really do believe that he just started intervewing this wk.

Yes Steve and NUTT were both working each other over some. Nutt and old man Broyles exagerrated the job offer to get him his cash. I dont believe steve is dumb enough to just fly around the country offering the job to coach after coach. From Saunders to Nutt in a matter of days!?!!! come on people, this didnt happen. He was INTERVIEWING them, period. think about it, you always want people to think they are your leading candidate, to string them along until you have found the best.

He made it clear that Bo and co would get a snif, and they have not until now. This wouldve caused huge upheival if they didnt even get a chance. I know Steve has done some dumb stuff lately and deosnt appear to be PR savvy at all, but this wouldve dug his own grave. there wouldve been anarchy if everyones fav Bo didnt get a look.

So yes Im sure he insinuated that both guys would get the job, but Steve is a crafty SOB, and has that used car salesman mentatlity, so you know he was working them just like he has worked over husker nation the past month.

But once again in the end Nutt got his rocks soft, and Steve took the hard one. a trend seems to be developing here. im starting to think he may like "taking the hard one"!!!! :unsure:

Did anyone think of this concept: 2 reasons the Nutt fiasco occured:

1) $$

2) Recruiting wars - we could very possibly be going for some of the same recruits - any negative press hurts - they know this.

Nutt never even considered the gig. Steve contacted Broyles to get his permission, and Broyles saw this as an opp to get his guy some publicity and support for upping his salary. Nutt never cared about the job, but took advantage of the chance to manipulate us for their own good. Why else would it have been so public? Where did these numbers come from? Hogwash. They never existed.

Not to mention Broyles made an attack every chance he could get on our program in the papers, when he said that he knew a bunch of people have been turning us down, and wasnt sure who really wanted the job. None of the offers have even been officially confirmed. There was no reason for Broyles to go there if he wasnt being malicious.

Nutt said it "would have been very hard" if he got on that plane. All that meant is that he knew he would be impressed with our program. Not that an offer was made. Pederson lured him by suggesting he was a top candidate - this is normal during negotiations and interviews.

Although Im not a big SP fan. I do actually think he was the innocent victim here.

Ark comes out looking better than ever to their fans, regents and boosters. Nutt the "good guy" with great morals and patronage, and Broyles the guy that "saved the Nutt". What a crock. :angry:

Everyone brought up some good points. Me, I dont know what to believe. Part of me says Steve is just doing his best, after all this is his job on the line. The other part of me says he is being dishonest, and will say whatever it takes to make himself look better. But you know what, I cant know for sure about that stuff.

Im not even that put off by the fact that he is taking a little longer than we hoped. I would rather he make the right decision than the easy one.

The one thing about him and his PC today that really bothered me, is his condescending nature. Especially when he said that the Pitt fans did not have as much of a problem "understanding" the process. And that Nebraska fans are different, in that we just dont get it and understand how these things work.

Listen jackass, dont talk AT us like we are some kind of little kids. WE GET IT. You explained ZERO to us about YOUR process, and then wonder why there is speculation.

I also find it curious that he is now trying to rally the very people he snubbed over the past month. Now all of a sudden I hear all these "We's" and "Us's" and "Husker Nation needs to be unified". A bit of a change from "dont worry, I'll handle everything, you dont need to know how I do it, you're on a need to know basis, and you'll thank me later."

This is NOT PITT Steve-o. There was nothing to UNDERSTAND b/c you gave us nothing of substance to work with, so we and the media were left to conjecture. And guess what happens when you leave a gaping hole for people to read into?? Yes Little Stevie, exactly the fiasco that you are now tap dancing your way out of. I highly recommend hiring a PR manager, b/c you are in dire need of one. If you can find one that will work for your arrogant ass that is.

Smooches. ;)

Hey Dave, just so you know I heard someone say today that they heard you say something to someone else yesterday when they were talking to you on the phone with that guy from the bar down the street from the place Pederson used to get his haircut when he lived in North Platte. Can you qualify or disqualify these accusations???????? :blink:

hahahaha. That's awesome. :)

Guest WyomingHusker

The more I think about this guy I like what and who he is being compared to.

Slick Willy, Clinton from Arkansas, the press is calling him Sly Stevie from Nebrasak!