doves

• 11 months later...

The best luck I ever had was sitting next to a windmill that spilled onto the ground. My dad and I used to be able to get our limit in about 30-60 minutes right before sundown. I think they like to drink out of shallow ponds and puddles. Also had some luck around corn and sunflower fields. They really like ditch weed too. Like most animals, they're more active in the morning and evening.

Don't get to carried away with camo or anything like that, they could never tell the difference between me and the windmill.

I've got a problem. I have never dove hunted and my son really wants to go. I really want to go too.

So...I'm going to ask a stupid question.

How do you dove hunt? We have hunted just about everything else.

Find a mudhole in a pasture. Sit by it. There's a bit more to it than that but that's the basics.

http://www.basspro1source.com/index.php/component/k2/118-dove-hunting/821-dove-hunting-basics/821-dove-hunting-basics

I've got a problem. I have never dove hunted and my son really wants to go. I really want to go too.

So...I'm going to ask a stupid question.

How do you dove hunt? We have hunted just about everything else.

We usually drive to a bunch of different windmills and park a little ways away from them and walk in and shoot when they flush. The best places we go have a windmill with a pond and a grove of thorn bushes up on a hill by the windmill. We can usually walk in and get them stirred up and they just continue to fly around. The love ditch weed and stink weed too so if you see any of that, you will usually find dove.