doves

Ok, OK, I'm realllllly excited over Saturday's game, but I'm getting cranked up to rid the local skies of some 'streaking grey bombs of death' also. I've got several boxes of 3 inch .410 #8's loaded up and am ready to defend this country against the tyrannical rule of dovedom come Sept. 1st! Who else will be watching for their gnashing beaks and razor like talons, while listening for the ever so faint whistle of their powerful wings?

Is that the freezer count or daily quota? And I don't hunt any more just shoot paper and iron. So all the hunters out their need to send me their excess game. My preference includes (not in any particular order): pheasants, quail, doves, grouse(prairie chickens), deer and elk. Maybe speedgoats if someone has a good recipe on how to cook them.

Thank you for your time and consideration. :)

GBR

Well, I took the old 410 wingmaster out Monday evening and managed to stave off 23 attempted Dove attacks! I dropped and found 10 and WARNED the other 13... I think we're gonna cook these little boogers up like mountain oysters, breaded and deep fat fried. Now, I have to go do some reloading and get the price of these NOT SO CHEAP 410 shells back into REALITY a little. My Lord... Do the fuel barons have stock in 410 shell sales???

A dozen would be over the limit in this fair state. Know your game laws.

But I am ready.

Actually the daily bag limit here in NE is 15, and the possession limit is 30. Just helping you know your game laws. ;)

http://www.ngpc.state.ne.us/hunting/pdfs/dovefactsheet.pdf

Ah but in CA, where I am and according to Rawhide's profile is from, it is 10. And I got my 10, even with the damn 35mph winds all freaking day

Well, we've had a rather slow start to the dove season around here in my part of Kolorado. Two good days out the past 10... Last night I was able to secure my manhood by ridding our airspace of fourteen of the devilish creatures. Took about 35 shots to do it, but I DID MY DUTY.... How about you folks? Looks to slow down again because of the plunging arctic temperatures. Melting polar ice caps my ARSE!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...