doves

I put an AR together a while back, but ya know... I hate AR's! They're accurate (or can be I should say), they're kinda cool looking in a SWAT or tactical kinda way, but... So, I sold it, made a couple hundered bucks and called it good. Me, I'm an old gun kind a guy... Remington 81's, Ithaca 37's, old stuff... HOWEVER, my 223 is a new Stevens 200 (super cheap but pretty accurate and the value isn't hurt after it gets banged around!) with a Nikon prostaff 3X9. It'll kill prarie dogs, but you gotta head shoot em :) !

I noticed that Saiga in your dove-icide photo... I've allllllmost bought one in .410 a time or two, just 'cause. That's cool, I like to hunt with 'odd' or non-traditional guns. For years now I've only hunted upland game and doves with my mighty 870 .410. The 870 certainly isn't odd or different, but the gauge is... It's different, I hit good with it and if my shots are within 25 yards I drop birds... So, seeing the saiga out there is kinda neat.

Oh, I cheated this weekend and used my synthetic express 12 gauge to end the rampage of a greenhead that jumped off a drainage pond and was coming for my jugular, so nothing 'cool or unusual' about THAT gun, but sometimes I get lazy I guess...

• 4 weeks later...

• 1 year later...

Feels like I just keep bumping ancient threads in the forum, but oh well. Just got done diving across Nebraska and back... twice. Holy cow there's going to be some good dove hunting this year, they're everywhere.

First week of September can't come soon enough. Football and dove hunting are two of my favorite things.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a difference between Doves and Pigeons?

I'd hate to risk breaking the tiles on my roof by shooting the "bass-turd varmit whitewashers" with my scoped out .22, plus I hate the thought of where the bullets might land....I'm thinking of getting some bamboo pot skewers and learn to use a blowgun.

Feels like I just keep bumping ancient threads in the forum, but oh well. Just got done diving across Nebraska and back... twice. Holy cow there's going to be some good dove hunting this year, they're everywhere.

First week of September can't come soon enough. Football and dove hunting are two of my favorite things.

Less than two weeks now!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...