Thank You Beavers

So, come on you NU nay-sayers, and there are plenty around here, tell me why it can't be done. We're going to lose to MU, we will be lucky to eke out a win against Va. tech, oh, and of course we have no chance against TT.

There is no way in hell Oregon State with two losses already even competes against the semi-pro Trojans, am I right?

So, google all the facts you want, tell me why you don't think the Huskers have a chance. Oh, also, tell me why the 'any given Saturday' argument is such a myth.

So, come on you NU nay-sayers, and there are plenty around here, tell me why it can't be done. We're going to lose to MU, we will be lucky to eke out a win against Va. tech, oh, and of course we have no chance against TT.

There is no way in hell Oregon State with two losses already even competes against the semi-pro Trojans, am I right?

So, google all the facts you want, tell me why you don't think the Huskers have a chance. Oh, also, tell me why the 'any given Saturday' argument is such a myth.

Everybody has a chance -- that's why they play the games.

I still don't think the huskers will beat mizzou.

GO BO!!

BEAT VT!!

How did OSU manage to win? I didn't see ONE celebrity on their sidelines!

I was impugned last week for being crazy when I said that Pete Carrol was an average coach. His team just lost to Oregon State who almost certainly does not have one player on their entire squad that would start at USC. USC has a second team that is far, far more talented than is the OSU 1st team.

USC has no excuse to lose to anyone. But if the coaches let their team get over-confidant, lazy and allows them to prance in as prima donnas expecting others to bow to their excellence and roll over --- well then your team under-performs, and you lose (when no one in the nation has any right in even hanging with you much less beat you). You lose maybe only 10% of the time, but you lose enough that you do not win the # of MNC's as your talent warrants.

Carrol has been and continues to be an average coach. When he has typical talant relative to the teams he played (while not at USC) he posted average results. No evidence of "coaching up" is in his past. And now, USC these past 5-6 years should have won every MNC (based on a huge talent gap over the rest of the nation --- just look at the USC guys in the NFL!) --- but Carroll coached them down.

Thankfully Pete Carroll is at USC --- otherwise USC is almost literally unbeatable.

How did OSU manage to win? I didn't see ONE celebrity on their sidelines!

I was impugned last week for being crazy when I said that Pete Carrol was an average coach. His team just lost to Oregon State who almost certainly does not have one player on their entire squad that would start at USC. USC has a second team that is far, far more talented than is the OSU 1st team.

USC has no excuse to lose to anyone. But if the coaches let their team get over-confidant, lazy and allows them to prance in as prima donnas expecting others to bow to their excellence and roll over --- well then your team under-performs, and you lose (when no one in the nation has any right in even hanging with you much less beat you). You lose maybe only 10% of the time, but you lose enough that you do not win the # of MNC's as your talent warrants.

Carrol has been and continues to be an average coach. When he has typical talant relative to the teams he played (while not at USC) he posted average results. No evidence of "coaching up" is in his past. And now, USC these past 5-6 years should have won every MNC (based on a huge talent gap over the rest of the nation --- just look at the USC guys in the NFL!) --- but Carroll coached them down.

Thankfully Pete Carroll is at USC --- otherwise USC is almost literally unbeatable.

A few years ago, I would have disagreed whole heartedly with you. However, it's becoming more and more aparent that USC just hasn't been the same since they've lost a few assistants. Their QB play since Chow left just hasn't been the same. I don't know whether Booty and Sanchez just aren't the players of Palmer and Leinert or whether they just aren't calling the right plays to make them look like superstars.

Carroll just didn't have his team ready to play at all. I mean come on down 21-0 at halftime? I only saw part of the second half, but it appeared to me on D they needed to stack 8 in the box. OSU's QB wasn't exactly lighting up their secondary. They scored one TD off of what should have been and INT. Their D was tackling a 5'6 RB like he was 6'3. This was definitely not the same USC team that completely dismantled Ohio State.

To get to the point of the original post, yes NU stands a chance against MU. We must do it the same way OSU just beat USC. We must pound the rock, pound the rock, and then pound the rock somemore. The OL of OSU had the USC front 4 confused the entire time. They weren't opening up gaping holes, but they were opening up small scemes for their undersized RB to slice through. The best way to keep a high profile offense from getting in sync is to keep them off the field. USC only had the ball 4 times the first half. This is how NU will have to play to beat MU and TT for that matter. I just hope Watson watched the game last night. If we get into a shootout with MU, I fear we'll have similar results of the KU game last year. Sure, we'll score some points but MU will score a lot more a lot faster.