"Sleeper" visiting for KU game

ESPN reports

Defensive end Kedric Johnson (Palmetto, Fla.), one of the top sleepers in Florida for the Class of 2009, is going to make his first official visit this weekend to Auburn. The Tigers have their second big home game in a row when they play host to Tennessee Saturday afternoon.

"I won't know what to expect, so I am hoping that it goes perfect," said Johnson.

The 6-foot-4, 230-pounder will be joined by linebackers Jon Bostic (Wellington, Fla./Palm Beach Central) and Zeke Motta (Vero Beach, Fla.). Bostic is a heavy Florida lean while Motta is an emerging prospect out of the Sunshine State whose stock has risen during the summer.

Johnson talked about his relationship with his Auburn recruiter, Greg Knox.

"He's real cool and he's real energized," Johnson said. "He's always looking for a positive and not a very negative person. I enjoy talking to him."

Johnson, who has nine sacks thus far this season, has two official visits planned. He will go to Nebraska Nov. 8 when the Cornhuskers play host to Kansas and will go to Clemson the weekend of Nov. 29 when the Tigers play host to South Carolina.

Johnson went to Florida on an unofficial visit Sept. 6 when the Gators played host to Miami. Florida has yet to offer but could jump in with one should it miss on some of its top prospects at defensive end, like Under Armour All-American Dyron Dye (Sanford, Fla./Seminole).

"They have a lot of interest in me and told me I was on the bubble for an offer," Johnson said. "When I went for the game, it was my very first game NFL or college, so to go to a game like that it was a big-time atmosphere.