OL Stephen Schilling

Going to Michigan

UM getting a good one.

This makes no sense. Michigan signed 6 OL players last year and 4 of them were 4 star players, 2 were 3 star players, and they already have one 4 star OL and one 3 star offensive lineman in this class. I guess schlling is sending a message he's not afraid to compete for starting time. Really thought Ty had this kid locked up. None the less, it's definetly a huge pickup for Michigan

Why does everyone use this excuse about having too much talent? I've never understood that.

No one wants a Josh Freeman type attitude who is afraid to compete.

In the end, the competition will only make you better. Look no further than former USC QB Matt Cassel.

I hope you were not referring to my statement. I was only giving you the views of how recruits these days see things. 90% of them don't like to wait untill they are soph to play. Some want to play right away (Freeman) and some have no problem with competition (Schilling). Those that love competition are a rare breed these days. The biggest tool recruits hear these days are "you can come in and play right away". Very few coaches and recruiters say "if you can win the starting job outright by competing, it's yours"