Absolute Bull Manure

Ok guys, I try to always post facts and here is the 'dark side' of the punt controversy; I dug deep and long to find this buried on the OWH site:

What was that? On the second play of the second quarter, senior Dan Titchener's punt hit sophomore Prince Amukamara before bouncing inside the 10-yard line. However, as the play evolved, nobody but Amukamara knew it. Baylor and Nebraska players scrambled to fall on the football, just in case. Redshirt freshman Mike Caputo did recover it, desperately hoping that he had set up the NU offense with a first and goal. But replay confirmed that Baylor got the ball on the 24-yard line, where Amukamara touched it first. http://omaha.com/index.php?u_page=3918&u_sid=10469841

So one douche on OWH says it hit our guy than it has to be true ay? Well I trust my own eyes, and I didn't see an NU player anywhere NEAR the ball!!!

And to be quite honest, the hole game is turning into a whinny little puss fest. This is football damn it! this game was made for hard asses. (well it used to be anyway!)

Ok guys, I try to always post facts and here is the 'dark side' of the punt controversy; I dug deep and long to find this buried on the OWH site:

What was that? On the second play of the second quarter, senior Dan Titchener's punt hit sophomore Prince Amukamara before bouncing inside the 10-yard line. However, as the play evolved, nobody but Amukamara knew it. Baylor and Nebraska players scrambled to fall on the football, just in case. Redshirt freshman Mike Caputo did recover it, desperately hoping that he had set up the NU offense with a first and goal. But replay confirmed that Baylor got the ball on the 24-yard line, where Amukamara touched it first. http://omaha.com/index.php?u_page=3918&u_sid=10469841

So one douche on OWH says it hit our guy than it has to be true ay? Well I trust my own eyes, and I didn't see an NU player anywhere NEAR the ball!!!

And to be quite honest, the hole game is turning into a whinny little puss fest. This is football damn it! this game was made for hard asses. (well it used to be anyway!)

Rofl, Your joking right? When the ball hit the ground there was the baylor guy and then Amukamara was directly to the right. The ball hit the turf(Missing the Baylor guy mind you, there WASNT conclusive enough evidence to prove it hit him)and it bounced up and hit Amukamaras shin, the Versus replay showed that clearly, and the commentators even commented on it. They showed it like 5 times in a row in slow mo, if you or anyone missed it then they are f'ing blind. I can't f'ing beleive the ignorance and blindness of some husker fans on this play. The call was the right call. Period.

I do think I have finally figured out why people try to rile up Husker fans so much though...

Supposedly the punt did hit the Nebraska gunner and Versus didn't have the camera angle to show it. I cannot find it but it was mentioned in an OWH article Sunday and the player told the coaches he did touch it first so Bo backed off on that one.

But there were plenty of others that were bad and we got a break too on the receiver going out of bounds and reentered the field to make a catch.

I really had trouble with the PF penalty against Cody Glenn when he made contact inbounds and drove the guy out with his momentum.

I think this must have been a hot button in the offseason with the NCAA. I think OU got 2 or 3 of these personal fouls against Texas. I know we have been hit with numerous of these as well. When the ball carrier crosses the line, they want everyone off of them.

The penalties I think have been taken too far. The horsecollar penalty, IMO, is stupid. I don't see anything wrong with it and think it should not be a penalty in college or the NFL for that matter. I also don't like the helmet to helmet penalty. As long as the defender isn't spearing, I don't see what's wrong with it. I can understand why they have this penalty in the NFL because team owners have so much money "invested" into QB's. However, this isn't the NFL and the QB's should be fair game.

The horsecollar penalty definitely SHOULD be called. I have seen crushed tracheas as a result, not to mention all of the various sprains, spinal injuries are possible, whiplash etc... And to be honest, if you pull a guy down by the back of his collar.. it means you got BEAT.

If tracheas are being crushed from that tackle, then it means the players aren't equipped with properly fitting equipment. The shoulder pads shouldn't move like that. I cracked a vertebrae in my back when playing high school football on a perfectly legal hit. Those injuries are just part of the game. What's the difference from a guy hitting you from behind in the back with his shoulder? From your last statement, I'm guessing you're saying you should never tackle anyone from behind? I can definitely understand facemasking penalties, but the horsecollar penalty is absurd. What's the difference if the guy gets his arms over your shoulders and then pulls you down from the front side of your pads from behind? As long as there's contact in football, there will always be injuries.

If tracheas are being crushed from that tackle, then it means the players aren't equipped with properly fitting equipment. The shoulder pads shouldn't move like that. I cracked a vertebrae in my back when playing high school football on a perfectly legal hit. Those injuries are just part of the game. What's the difference from a guy hitting you from behind in the back with his shoulder? From your last statement, I'm guessing you're saying you should never tackle anyone from behind? I can definitely understand facemasking penalties, but the horsecollar penalty is absurd. What's the difference if the guy gets his arms over your shoulders and then pulls you down from the front side of your pads from behind? As long as there's contact in football, there will always be injuries.

I'm getting tired of all of these penalties. Pretty soon, it's going to make a defender scared to tackle for fear of a penalty (if it hasn't already). I understand some of the penalties, but come on. This is football. If I wanted to watch a bunch of people on the field playing paddycake, I would watch baseball. Injuries happen. That's part of football. You can't try to protect against every type of injury. It's very impractical.

Rofl, Your joking right? When the ball hit the ground there was the baylor guy and then Amukamara was directly to the right. The ball hit the turf(Missing the Baylor guy mind you, there WASNT conclusive enough evidence to prove it hit him)and it bounced up and hit Amukamaras shin, the Versus replay showed that clearly, and the commentators even commented on it. They showed it like 5 times in a row in slow mo, if you or anyone missed it then they are f'ing blind. I can't f'ing beleive the ignorance and blindness of some husker fans on this play. The call was the right call. Period.

I do think I have finally figured out why people try to rile up Husker fans so much though...

What are you smoking?? The ball definitely didn't hit Amukamara and both commentators, just like everybody else watching (except for you), commented that they could see it hit the Baylor player. No Husker touched that ball until it was recovered by Nebraska. That was one of the worst displays of replay officiating I have ever witnessed (outside of the OU/Oregon debacle) and hope the Big 12 looks into some sort of punishment for those involved. Not only did they miss the fact that the ball deflected off the Baylor player, which could've not been undisputible evidence because of the poor camera angles, but then they handed the ball over to Baylor at the spot where the supposed touching occured. There was no proof, in any form, that showed a Nebraska player touched the ball at that spot, so why hand the ball to Baylor there? I've searched for the replay video but can't seem to find one, but when I do I'll be sure to post it.

And actually, I think you need to have your eyes and ears checked if you saw the ball hit a Husker and then heard the commentators say they did too, because neither of those events happened!! Good one buddy!!

I'm getting tired of all of these penalties. Pretty soon, it's going to make a defender scared to tackle for fear of a penalty (if it hasn't already). I understand some of the penalties, but come on. This is football. If I wanted to watch a bunch of people on the field playing paddycake, I would watch baseball. Injuries happen. That's part of football. You can't try to protect against every type of injury. It's very impractical.

If rugby can be played without helmets and shoulder pads then why can't football? If neither were used we wouldn't have to worry about any facemasks, helmet to helmet or horsecollar penalties. People use the argument that football players hit harder so they need pads, but maybe the use of pads and other protection are the problem. If players don't have pads on, the collisions aren't as violent because one also has to take into consideration the impact on one's own body when making the tackle. If no pads are used, as in rugby, the speed of the impacts are reduced, form tackling is improved and injuries are decreased. The pads give a player a false sense of security and that's what causes injuries to happen. The pads are supposedly used to protect the players but all they do is increase the velocity of the impacts and therefore increase the risk of injury. Yes, we might miss some violent collisions (there would still be many) but we would have less penalties, fundamental tackling would improve and there would also be less injuries.

What are you smoking?? The ball definitely didn't hit Amukamara and both commentators, just like everybody else watching (except for you), commented that they could see it hit the Baylor player. No Husker touched that ball until it was recovered by Nebraska. That was one of the worst displays of replay officiating I have ever witnessed (outside of the OU/Oregon debacle) and hope the Big 12 looks into some sort of punishment for those involved. Not only did they miss the fact that the ball deflected off the Baylor player, which could've not been undisputible evidence because of the poor camera angles, but then they handed the ball over to Baylor at the spot where the supposed touching occured. There was no proof, in any form, that showed a Nebraska player touched the ball at that spot, so why hand the ball to Baylor there? I've searched for the replay video but can't seem to find one, but when I do I'll be sure to post it.

And actually, I think you need to have your eyes and ears checked if you saw the ball hit a Husker and then heard the commentators say they did too, because neither of those events happened!! Good one buddy!!

Once again I rofl at the pure blindness of some Husker fans. After the commentators replayed the shot where it hit Amukamara in the shin 5 f'ing times they commented on it. Maybe I actually caught it and heard it when 98% of the stupid f'ing people were bitching and yelling at the TV because they thought it was our ball. There was ZERO conclusive evidence that it hit a Baylor guy, the ball bounced RIGHT IN FRONT, I have watched it over and f'ing over again on my DVR, watch how the f'ing ball bounces after it hits the ground. Its consistent with it hitting the turf, not another guys f'ing foot. After the ball hit the turf it bounced right, right into Amukamaras shin(Towards the sidelines) If that ball would not have hit Amukamaras leg it would have bounced out of bounds and not towards the middle of the field. Go watch it again, and again, and again until you gain some non bias perspective. Im refraining from personal attacks as hard as I can but god damn..

The scarlet colored ignorance..

BTW, I am a Husker fan through and through, I just hate the complete and utter Bias many Husker fans have.

Once again I rofl at the pure blindness of some Husker fans. After the commentators replayed the shot where it hit Amukamara in the shin 5 f'ing times they commented on it. Maybe I actually caught it and heard it when 98% of the stupid f'ing people were bitching and yelling at the TV because they thought it was our ball. There was ZERO conclusive evidence that it hit a Baylor guy, the ball bounced RIGHT IN FRONT, I have watched it over and f'ing over again on my DVR, watch how the f'ing ball bounces after it hits the ground. Its consistent with it hitting the turf, not another guys f'ing foot. After the ball hit the turf it bounced right, right into Amukamaras shin(Towards the sidelines) If that ball would not have hit Amukamaras leg it would have bounced out of bounds and not towards the middle of the field. Go watch it again, and again, and again until you gain some non bias perspective. Im refraining from personal attacks as hard as I can but god damn..

BTW, I am a Husker fan through and through, I just hate the complete and utter Bias many Husker fans have.

It ABSOLUTELY hit the Baylor guy first. If you watched the Bo Pelini show and watched it in slow motion(it was a great shot on the show) you could clearly see the ball come down and hit the Baylor players foot. The final factor is there was light between the Baylor players left leg and Amukumara's right leg when the ball was redirected and was no where near Amukumara's leg. It was rediculously obvious from this shot anyway.

The officials are always right you clowns...and that includes the chain gang.... <_< Actually, the officials are almost never right and should probably consult with the chain gang when in doubt since we are all hand picked for our beauty, charm, intelligence and grace under fire....and most certainly never wrong.

Anyway...arguing calls after the fact is like sitting on a circular saw and then trying to figure out which tooth cut your ass first...wasted effort.

The horsecollar was instituted because thats all Roy williams was good at, and one time he broke TO's leg...hence the rule. I am also not a fan of no more inadvertent facemasks, since its real hard to control where your hands are 100% of the time.

And pads absolutely give a false sense of security...play rugby, and you will realize they hit really effing hard.

Also I was miffed with the Glenn call, since he grabbed jersey right on Griffin's boob

The officials are always right you clowns...and that includes the chain gang.... <_< Actually, the officials are almost never right and should probably consult with the chain gang when in doubt since we are all hand picked for our beauty, charm, intelligence and grace under fire....and most certainly never wrong.

:cop:

You feel better about yourself yet? If not you can throw out out a few more generalities and insults my way if it makes you feel like a bigger man.

P.S. your not the only one who owns a DVR, or an opinion. Both yours just seem to suck!