Cy Picks The Winners In Week 10

Week 10 and the carnage continues as the race for a Big 12 Champion just gets more screwed up as the games go on. Having added another 5 correct predictions (and the one wrong one…thanks Kansas :angry: ) to my amazingly fantastic record, you can find me perched atop a stellar 38-12 record this year, gazing down on all of you peasants and serfs as you labor to attain football prognosticator mediocrity status….Now, the picks for week 10.

Missouri (6-2) at Baylor (3-5) – After the OK-State hiccup for Missouri, they should be ready to finally be able to take out a South opponent. The Missouri defense which we all like to classify as questionable has been the best the North has to offer…which ain’t saying a lot. Baylor is getting better but they’ve run out of Iowa States, Northwestern States and Washington States to play. Maybe if they were playing Missouri State it would help? On the bright side…the rest of their games this year will be played in their own state, which could help recruiting…for Texas <_<

Missouri (7-2) over Baylor (3-6)

Colorado (4-4) at Texas A&M (3-5) – Colorado looked absolutely horrible against Missouri and have scored the least amount of points of any Big 12 school...in any sport, including baseball! (just kidding...kinda)...and how many people were saying just weeks ago how tough Colorado was going to be? Not happening in Boulder this year. Texas A&M has no defense but, for the second week in a row they won’t really be needing one as Colorado’s defense has proven to be just slightly less inept than their offense (though not at inept as A&M’s which is equally horrible)

Texas A&M (4-5) over Colorado (4-5)

Iowa State (2-6) at Oklahoma State (7-1) – Nice of the Big 12 to give OK-State a bye week and credit for a win too... <_< Iowa State has become the motivational speaker that companies hire to pump up their employees…you hire them to come to your stadium, you pound the crap out of them to gain team confidence, then they take their money and move on to the next program that needs some momentum. ISU, The Designated Bye Week of the Big 12.... :angry:

OK State (8-1) over Iowa State (2-7)

Kansas State (4-4) at Kansas (5-3) – Hey Kansas...thanks for screwing up my predictions for yet another damn weekend! Just to show you there are no hard feelings, I’ll go ahead and seal your doom and pick you over Kansas State. Take that you bastards :angry: Frankly…I think Kansas State is going to win this game if only so I don’t have to wear a stupid Jayhawk hat. The Kansas defense is getting totally trounced and, surprisingly, K-State has managed to put together some pretty good offensive efforts against some average teams this year. Look in the dictionary under “average” and you’ll find a picture of the 2008 Kansas football team

Kansas (6-3) over Kansas State (4-5)….but not really. K-State will actually win.

Nebraska (5-3) at Oklahoma (7-1) – Well, Nebraska has looked pretty good lately. They pounded on their scout team (also known as Iowa State) and then whipped up on the perennial South whipping boy (Baylor)…but now it’s on the road against a team that could realistically be the 2008 National Champion…bah, who am I kidding? As long as Stoops is around, there is no way Oklahoma wins any bowl game…but they will beat the Huskers, who are playing better…but are still a long way (and a defensive secondary) away from Oklahoma level.

Oklahoma (8-1) over Nebraska (5-4)

Texas (8-0) at Texas Tech (8-0) – This one has all the makings of a classic defensive struggle doesn’t it? Bwhahahaha….forget about it. Before the season started, I predicted Tech would be playing in the Big 12 Championship and you all scoffed…that’s why I am a football God and you all are just…mere fans. Texas has played and beaten more quality opponents than Texas Tech but there is just something about Tech that I like. It’ll be fun watching them get passed over by the BCS selection committee so they can put Ohio State and USC in the Championship game this year. Getting Texas out of the way with a loss and then having Tech get smashed by OK-State and Oklahoma is just part of the grand BCS conspiracy plan. <_<

Texas Tech (9-0) over Texas (8-1)

There you go….five sure winners and a stealth pick that I will claim as a win no matter who comes out on top of it…because when the state of Kansas loses, EVERYBODY wins. Feel free to reveal your foolishness for all to see by disagreeing with any of my correct predictions.

Colorado (4-4) at Texas A&M (3-5)Colorado looked absolutely horrible against Missouri and have scored the least amount of points of any Big 12 school...in any sport, including baseball! (just kidding...kinda)...and how many people were saying just weeks ago how tough Colorado was going to be? Not happening in Boulder this year. Texas A&M has no defense but, for the second week in a row they won’t really be needing one as Colorado’s defense has proven to be just slightly less inept than their offense (though not at inept as A&M’s which is equally horrible)

Colorado does not have a baseball team, but I'm sure they outscore every Big 12 team in downhil and mogal skiing :)

Week 10 and the carnage continues as the race for a Big 12 Champion just gets more screwed up as the games go on. Having added another 5 correct predictions (and the one wrong one…thanks Kansas :angry: ) to my amazingly fantastic record, you can find me perched atop a stellar 38-12 record this year, gazing down on all of you peasants and serfs as you labor to attain football prognosticator mediocrity status….Now, the picks for week 10.

Colorado (4-4) at Texas A&M (3-5) – Colorado looked absolutely horrible against Missouri and have scored the least amount of points of any Big 12 school...in any sport, including baseball! (just kidding...kinda)...and how many people were saying just weeks ago how tough Colorado was going to be? Not happening in Boulder this year. Texas A&M has no defense but, for the second week in a row they won’t really be needing one as Colorado’s defense has proven to be just slightly less inept than their offense (though not at inept as A&M’s which is equally horrible)

Texas (8-0) at Texas Tech (8-0) – This one has all the makings of a classic defensive struggle doesn’t it? Bwhahahaha….forget about it. Before the season started, I predicted Tech would be playing in the Big 12 Championship and you all scoffed…that’s why I am a football God and you all are just…mere fans. Texas has played and beaten more quality opponents than Texas Tech but there is just something about Tech that I like. It’ll be fun watching them get passed over by the BCS selection committee so they can put Ohio State and USC in the Championship game this year. Getting Texas out of the way with a loss and then having Tech get smashed by OK-State and Oklahoma is just part of the grand BCS conspiracy plan. <_<

Texas Tech (9-0) over Texas (8-1)

Disagreeing with these two.

Cu wins.

Texas wins.

Rest looks ok.

Colorado (4-4) at Texas A&M (3-5)Colorado looked absolutely horrible against Missouri and have scored the least amount of points of any Big 12 school...in any sport, including baseball! (just kidding...kinda)...and how many people were saying just weeks ago how tough Colorado was going to be? Not happening in Boulder this year. Texas A&M has no defense but, for the second week in a row they won’t really be needing one as Colorado’s defense has proven to be just slightly less inept than their offense (though not at inept as A&M’s which is equally horrible)

Colorado does not have a baseball team, but I'm sure they outscore every Big 12 team in downhil and mogal skiing :)

Just a guess....but maybe he is aware of that and that is why he said it. After all, scoring fewer points than a team that doesn't exist....well, that's just funny.

In the South, I think it’s going to end up this way for the top four teams IF Texas Tech beats Texas this weekend

Texas Tech will be sitting at 9-0 but has the hardest row to hoe to get to the top of the south as they have games remaining against Oklahoma State, Oklahoma and Baylor. I’m doubting they will be able to pull off all three and will, in my opinion fade to a 10-2 finish and be out of the running for the championship due to their loses to OK and OK State

Oklahoma State will be sitting at 8-1 with their only loss being to then #1 Texas. They have Texas Tech, Colorado and Oklahoma remaining. The Colorado game is a cinch but the Oklahoma game will probably go the other way. I’m giving OK-State the edge over TT so they will finish out at 10-2 but the loss to OK will knock them out of the running.

Oklahoma is another that will be at 8-1 with their loss also coming to Texas. They have two tough games coming up with TT and OK-State (along with a tune up game with Texas A&M) so, even if they come through all of these games without a loss (entirely though not definitely possible) they will end up 11-1. They could realistically take the South but only if Texas Tech takes out Texas this weekend AND Texas loses one of their three remaining games.

Texas has the inside track to the division even with a loss to Texas Tech putting them at 8-1. First, they have beaten both Oklahoma and OK-State already (whereas the other three teams have to play one of the others at least once) and their remaining games are against relative cream puffs Baylor, Kansas (yes Kansas…to Texas you will be a cream puff) and Texas A&M. That would leave them with an 11-1 record and the tie-breaker against everybody but TT, who will have been defeated at least twice by then.

Texas will be the South Champion.

I haven't seen Penn State at all this year, but my father in law is a Hawkeye homer so I try to keep up with 'em a little bit. They do have a solid defense and COULD upset PSU if the football gods cooperate.

Anyways back to the subject,......yeah UT wins out

.......if they beat TT.......lol