Recruiting

One question that begs to be asked is WHY??? WIll NU do this just for the first couple years just to get the best players in?? Will Callahan do this every year?? Is this type of recruiting necessary if NU were in the top 10 every year?? DOes NU need to do it because the High schools in this area can't produce D-1 talent.

I personally think this will slow down.

i think you have seen the begining of a long term trend, recruit the best in the land, every year, that is how you win championships. go toe to toe with the big name schools and expect to get results. with a winning program, recruiting gets easier over time, but the successful programs never stop recruiting the best athletes available, they all reload every year.

hunter

i think you have seen the begining of a long term trend, recruit the best in the land, every year, that is how you win championships. go toe to toe with the big name schools and expect to get results. with a winning program, recruiting gets easier over time, but the successful programs never stop recruiting the best athletes available, they all reload every year.

hunter

But what happens when the Huskers begin to win a ton of games every year. Then you have all these free rides out there and 8 WR's commit?? A bit over the edge, but could happen. USC has maybe 20 out there now. Texas about 20 also.