Blackshirts are a DAY by DAY WEEK by WEEK thing.

jh_husker

I remember awhile back Matt Davison talking in the pregame about being deathly affraid of Jason Peter. Matt said that when he was a freshman during practice one day that a guy was slacking off. Jason had enough of it and knocked the guy down, stood on his chest, and ripped the facemask off of the guys helmet and told him that they didn't slack off at Nebraska. Matt said that the reason he ran so fast was because he pictured Jason Peter chasing him. Classic.

I know one thing...if he was running after me I would run faster too, but as slow as I am I better just stop kneel and fire the elephant gun... :clap

God that's hilarious!!!!! :clap

I think its dumb. What if you are a senior and have a blackshirt up until the last game and then its given to someone else? Does the guy that had it taken away just out of luck now? He can't take it home and hang it on his wall like millions of other blackshirts before him did?

You give them out to those 11 starters that have played the best out of the group and they keep them, unless the really don't perform after that or get kicked off the team.

I think its dumb. What if you are a senior and have a blackshirt up until the last game and then its given to someone else? Does the guy that had it taken away just out of luck now? He can't take it home and hang it on his wall like millions of other blackshirts before him did?

You give them out to those 11 starters that have played the best out of the group and they keep them, unless the really don't perform after that or get kicked off the team.

You think it's dumb, and yet you give an excuse to feel sorry for someone. Reread what you wrote.

I don't think they should have gotten blackshirts at all. This blackshirt thing has been turned into not meaning much now. They still gave up 35 points to KU. What does it mean to hand them out with 2 games left in the season? Why give it at all? Take year to let the lack of blackshirts sink in. Now it seems they are diminished IMO.

It is a different time now adays then it was 94-97. The spead offense is going to put up numbers no matter how well you are. So holding KU to 35 points yeah that sucks but what happened to a win is a win. Would you rather have us hold them to 7 points and no yards and us lose the game or us giving up some yards and points and winning the game. Its going to take a long time to be like the 90;s again. Thats just how I feel.

I don't know if we, or any team for that matter, will ever see Ds like we had in the mid 90s. (Suh would've made a nice addition to those squads, he IS a blackshirt). As far as the Blackshirts go this year: if Bo thinks they should have em...works for me. If he doesn't.....works for me.