WR/ Cobi Hamilton

BigRedMan

not even an offer from the huskers?

Scout teaser suggests Nebraska is visiting him today.

Has many more offers than Scout is showing in his profile:

THE RECRUITING GUY : Oklahoma State offers Hamilton; Arkansas favored

By RICHARD DAVENPORT

Published: Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Oklahoma State recently joined 10 schools, including Arkansas, in offering a scholarship to Texarkana, Texas, receiver Cobi Hamilton.

In addition to the Cowboys and Hogs, Hamilton has offers from Missouri, Kansas, Kansas State, TCU, Houston and others.

"Arkansas is still my No. 1," said Hamilton, who reports a 36-inch vertical jump.

Hamilton, 6-3, 200 pounds, 4. 52 seconds in the 40-yard dash, plans to take an unofficial visit to Oklahoma State when the Cowboys play Oklahoma on Nov. 29, then take his official visit there in December.

Hamilton has scheduled an official visit to Kansas on Dec. 5 and is in the process of setting up visits to Missouri and Arkansas. He said he talked to Razorbacks assistant coach Bobby Allen a little over a week ago.

"He told me I'm the guy they want and they're going to hold on for me," said Hamilton, who finished fourth in the 200 meters at the AAU National Junior Olympics this summer with a time of 21. 41 seconds. "He told me to take my time and take a look at other schools. He wants me to come to Arkansas last."

Hamilton needs 22 receptions and 323 yards to become the Tigers' all-time leading receiver. He has 44 catches for 819 yards and 12 touchdowns for the year.

Hamilton has been to Arkansas' games against Alabama and Florida on unofficial visits. He noted several reasons for naming the Hogs his favorite. "My parents went there and the fact they want me to go there," he said. "The fan support in Texarkana and Fayetteville are unbelievable." Hamilton also likes that the Razorbacks' roster includes former Texarkana running back Dennis Johnson and former Texarkana, Texas, quarterback Ryan Mallett. "I wouldn't mind catching balls from Mallett again," Hamilton said. "It would be like high school again."

And here is confirmation from a free source:

COBI HAMILTON (WR, 6-3, 190, 4. 56, Texarkana (Texas ) High ) A three-star recruit who has enjoyed a banner senior season. Nebraska and Oklahoma State are the latest schools to offer. Arkansas, Missouri, Kansas and Kansas State were among the first to offer. Very good size and very good speed with sure hands. Both parents attended the UA.

Anyway, late to the game so Ark. leads if they want him. (They might have bigger fish to catch at other positions of need.)

• 1 month later...

Not in top 3 it would seem based on the his Scout and Rivals profiles.

Or is Nebraska turning it around?

Still in the race? Nebraska's class is nearly full, but there are still some targets out there receiving a lot of attention from the Husker coaching staff going into the final month of this recruiting year. One of those is rising wide receiver prospect Cobi Hamilton.

Or are they just selling subscriptions?

• 3 weeks later...