Jim Carrey Film To Spotlight Husker Nation

IceMan

Do you guys not remember on huskerpedia.com they were having casting calls last January for this movie? You could go out to USC's stadium in your husker gear and chear in the stands. They had like special deals you could get to go out there and stuff. I actually have been telling people about this movie before it came out.

It got pretty extensive coverage here, as well...

LINK 1

LINK 2

LINK 3

Ok im lost they did film at memorial for that okie state game but for the actors they filmed at the usc stadium. Is that how its understood.

That is what I got from it...makes sense....but it would have made more sense for the 80 actors to film in Lincoln the day after the game as well instead of the Coliseum but I suppose that saves them more money to do it that way

Just found this!

Posted on KETV.COM

http://www.ketv.com/news/18156332/detail.html#

jimcarreyfn7.th.jpg

LINCOLN, Neb. -- Jim Carrey's new movie "Yes Man" will be giving some extra attention to Husker Nation when it opens Dec. 19.

Some scenes from the film were shot at Memorial Stadium during a less-than-memorable game in the 2007 season.

In the film, Carrey's character becomes only capable of saying "yes" to any request. When producers wanted a Nebraska football game to be part of the film, university officials couldn't say no to the offer.

"We got the entire script and made sure the University of Nebraska was being represented in a positive way," said UNL information director Dave Fitzgibbon.

The crew came to Memorial Stadium in October to get all the color that a game had to offer.

Carrey and the other actors didn't come at that time, which may have been a good thing. The loss to Oklahoma State that day was one of the worst home losses in school history.

After that game, Nebraska said "no" to its athletic director, Steve Pederson, and later to its coach, Bill Callahan.

Through the magic of Hollywood, artists re-created the scene at the Los Angeles Coliseum, complete with Husker wardrobe and a casting call for 800 Big Red fans in California.

Fitzgibbon said he was invited as a technical advisor.

"I got called into Mr. Carrey's makeup trailer and I got there and he introduced himself, a really nice guy," he said. "He wanted me to sing Husker fight songs."

Fitzgibbon sang Hail Varsity and There Is No Place Like Nebraska. He said Carrey wasn't too impressed.

"(He said), 'No, no. Is there like a chant?' I said, 'I guess there's Go Big Red."

That one, he said, got a big yes from Carrey. He said no one has ever done the chant quite like him.

"I've seen a lot of people going crazy on game days and Jim Carrey is going to make us proud," Fitzgibbon said.

The University of Nebraska received $10,000 for site location fees, in addition to loads of free publicity.

Yeah in the trailers for the movie on TV they show him in full Husker gear AWESOME! I wonder why of all the college football teams they picked us....well the best fans in college football!!! I wonder if someone on the movie is a huge Husker fan? I wonder if Carrey is now??

Scott

Highjack Alert!

I used to watch the show "King of Queens" in syndication and saw two different episodes where the star, Kevin James, made reference to watching or taping Husker games. Anybody know what the scoop is? He and I share Met and Jet loyalties, it seems strange that he is possibly also a Husker fan. Maybe we are leading parallel lives, except for the part where he is a rich tv personality. It might be cool if during the game they put his mug on the big board screaming Go Big Red like they do at Shea with Let's Go Mets.

I'd start my own thread, but sometimes when you go Hollywood on here, someone says:

Gayest.

Thread.

Ever.

Yeah I've heard that too a couple of times during the KING OF QUEENS. A week or so ago Letterman was going off about Ball State and he was rattling off teams not with an unbeaten record......he said Huskers?? 7-4 "sissys"

• 1 month later...

Highjack Alert!

I used to watch the show "King of Queens" in syndication and saw two different episodes where the star, Kevin James, made reference to watching or taping Husker games. Anybody know what the scoop is? He and I share Met and Jet loyalties, it seems strange that he is possibly also a Husker fan. Maybe we are leading parallel lives, except for the part where he is a rich tv personality. It might be cool if during the game they put his mug on the big board screaming Go Big Red like they do at Shea with Let's Go Mets.

I'd start my own thread, but sometimes when you go Hollywood on here, someone says:

Gayest.

Thread.

Ever.

My brother got King of Queens season 1 DVDs for Christmas and he said in episode 4, Doug (Kevin) makes reference to watching a Husker game.