Roy Helu/Rick Berns

cb1954

Helu reminds me a lot of Tiger Woods...I don't know why.

we were saying the same thing while we were watching last friday... which may account for some of his additional yards.

think about it: helu is charging up field with the ball and defender tries to stop him. then he gets a look at helu's face and then they're all like, "snap! i didn't know tiger woods played for nebraska! wftf?!" and then helu does a quick stutter-step to fake out the defender and then helu is in the endzone celebrating six point!

wut?

Helu reminds me a lot of Tiger Woods...I don't know why.

we were saying the same thing while we were watching last friday... which may account for some of his additional yards.

think about it: helu is charging up field with the ball and defender tries to stop him. then he gets a look at helu's face and then they're all like, "snap! i didn't know tiger woods played for nebraska! wftf?!" and then helu does a quick stutter-step to fake out the defender and then helu is in the endzone celebrating six point!

wut?

Well, I think they are both an asian/afro mix, right? I mean, I dated a woman who was part japanese, part black and one time I awoke in the middle of the nite and thought, 'wow, I just slept with Tiger Woods!' :o

Rozier really? Cory Ross or Derek Brown maybe, but not Rozier. Rozier could run people over as well as make them miss with his moves. I don’t think we will ever see Helu run anyone over.
Helu's upright style, toughness, acceleration and ability to make the first man miss, then cut it up field, remind me most of, dare I say, Lawrence Phillips.

See above bolded part. Phillips was in a different class than Helu, even at that young of an age. What Phillips did to the 93 Semen-ole and 94 Cryami defenses was absolutely sick...and we're talking about some damn quality players. Rozier was one of the greatest RBs in college football history (IIRC he and Reggie Bush are the only two players in CF history to average 7+ yards per touch for their career) and the comparisons are a little premature. Don't get me wrong, I love me some of my boy-toy Roy. He's the only player on our team that consistently runs like a man but a Phillips or Rozier he ain't.

Rozier really? Cory Ross or Derek Brown maybe, but not Rozier. Rozier could run people over as well as make them miss with his moves. I don’t think we will ever see Helu run anyone over.
Helu's upright style, toughness, acceleration and ability to make the first man miss, then cut it up field, remind me most of, dare I say, Lawrence Phillips.

See above bolded part. Phillips was in a different class than Helu, even at that young of an age. What Phillips did to the 93 Semen-ole and 94 Cryami defenses was absolutely sick...and we're talking about some damn quality players. Rozier was one of the greatest RBs in college football history (IIRC he and Reggie Bush are the only two players in CF history to average 7+ yards per touch for their career) and the comparisons are a little premature. Don't get me wrong, I love me some of my boy-toy Roy. He's the only player on our team that consistently runs like a man but a Phillips or Rozier he ain't.

:yeah Against FL '95 he was killer too. Phillips and Rozier, yeah the best, then Roger Craig/Ahman Green. Helu is showing some flashes though, can only get better.

:yeah Against FL '95 he was killer too. Phillips and Rozier, yeah the best, then Roger Craig/Ahman Green. Helu is showing some flashes though, can only get better.

He definitely was...but he was also a Junior for the '95 season. His freshman and sophomore years he played against better talent and was more productive/impressive.

Either way...GBR.

Roy's style reminds me of Lawrence Phillips running style, I don't quite think he's tinkering on the brink of first-round draft pick just quite yet.

Roy's style reminds me of Lawrence Phillips running style, I don't quite think he's tinkering on the brink of first-round draft pick just quite yet.

Even at that young age Phillips' running style hit many home-runs that Helu has yet to do. I also think Phillips' top-end speed was a little better because when he turned it up the other players looked like they were standing still.

Guys, you misunderstood what I wrote. Rick Berns had no cutting ability at all. He was a pure slasher. There is no comparisons between Helu and Berns. There are perhaps a lot of differences between Rozier and Helu, especially as far as power running. But Rozier had great cutting ability as does Helu. There is more to compare with Rozier and Helu than Berns and Helu. That's all I was getting at.

Jonah Lomu...oh wait...he's not 270...and missing a kidney...

Did someone call my name? Who needs a kidney when you're stud like me ;O)

No, he doesn't look like Tiger Woods. He's Tongan, full Tongan. He's not half whatever.

Oh, he did run over that cornerback in the last game, near the sidelines I believe.

Anyways, just let the kid develop his own style. He doesn't compare to anybody yet because he hasn't put in a full body of work. Let's compare in a few years from now. This is fun comparing, but way too premature.

I think Helu looks a lot like Helu...there's only one folks.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he's a heisman candidate his senior year. The kid's a special talent.

We're lucky to have him.

Wow.

Horse, meet Cart. Cart, Horse. You two figure out which one goes first.

The guy gets a couple of starts and we are throwing heisman speculation out there??? Ah, at least there's no pressure on him.