Roy Helu/Rick Berns

cb1954

Berns set the single game rushing record when he was a junior. He had an injury mid way through his senior year and IM Hipp started in his place. Hipp broke Bern's record. Never take a day off. Ever.

15 hours ago, Left NU for Clemson said:

Anyway, I've been a diehard fan since,1970-71, since I was 7 years old. This year, I gave up. I finally figured out that folks, from Nebraska weren't even supportive of me! I just chose them from California when I was a kid. Always liked Osborne, etc. But, then I met more and more Nebraskans and I really didn't care for their personalities. Not friendly. Not necessarily wholesome as I thought, either. So, I moved on to Clemson. 

The first two Husker fans I met treated me like a baby and called me names. To be fair, they were my parents.

But Clemson? 

https://rubbingtherock.com/2019/08/01/clemson-football-tiger-twitter-fan-base-named-no-3-worst-cfb/

• Plus1 3
15 hours ago, Left NU for Clemson said:

Anyway, I've been a diehard fan since,1970-71, since I was 7 years old. This year, I gave up. I finally figured out that folks, from Nebraska weren't even supportive of me! I just chose them from California when I was a kid. Always liked Osborne, etc. But, then I met more and more Nebraskans and I really didn't care for their personalities. Not friendly. Not necessarily wholesome as I thought, either. So, I moved on to Clemson. 

You could have written this on a post it note and left it under someone's windshield wiper , saved everyone some time. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
17 hours ago, Left NU for Clemson said:

might be I think Rick Berns might be part Japanese. Can someone fact check that?

He had a Korean accent..

I'd forgotten he was our IB in the first Husker game I ever attended with my Dad and older sister..The game after Osborne finally beat Switzer.

Rick Berns was probably my favorite RB at Nebraska when I was a kid.  I actually got a #35 jersey in like 1982.  People would ask me if it was Steve Damkrogers jersey and I would say no, Rick Berns.  

I think Rick's mother was Filipino.  That is why he has a little Asian look to him.