Bo Pelini to...

Reebsker

You guys kill me with this worrying.

Tressel will probably be around for at least 10 more years. If you're going to worry about this til then, you'll get ulcers.

If Tressel stepped down today, I don't even know if they'd offer Bo the job. With their budget, they can buy whoever they want. There's probably dozens of well-qualified coaches who jump at that job. Is Bo one of them? I don't know. Saying NU is your "dream" job is a great way to win fans, but only he knows if it's 100% true. But I'll take his word on it, and figure he'll stay as long as we want him.

Meanwhile, OSU may be grooming an assistant coach to be Tressel's successor. Or maybe there is another former player or assistant like Bo who would come back, that they might like better.

And I remember when Cally came, there were people worried he'd bolt at the next open NFL job. Four years later, everyone was showing him want ads for anywhere else.

Bo's got time here to make his mark. If OSU wants him badly down the line, it would mean that Bo returned us to greatness, and he may realize this is the ideal situation. And if not, we'll be happy for what he did in his time.

Or, maybe by the time Tressel leaves, OSU will have fallen off, and NU is the better job.

Stop worrying about things you can't control, other than supporting the team and coaches and making this a great place for a great coach to be.

That would be like Stoops going to Iowa because he played ball there. I don't see it happening. Here's my assumption: if Bo builds Nebraska back to where it once was, I don't think he leaves anytime soon. Just like Stoops is godlike in Oklahoma, Bo would be godlike here. Coaches just don't walk away from that unless they have NFL asperations.

The difference is that Iowa is garbage. Stoops would go from a title contender to trying to build another program back up.

If Pelini bolted, he would know what he is getting at Ohio State.

But we are a long way from even having to worry about that anyways.

while ohio st would be a huge step up, I seriously doubt OSU would be interested. :dumdum

they would want the saban/urban meyer/paul johnson level coach.

Besides- Tressel isn't leaving.

dedhoarse

lateral move as far as coaching

I don't think so--

Jim Tressel’s six years of coaching Ohio State football have presented a jarring ... despite his yearly salary of $2.4 million

that kind of "lateral" move I could handle. Only the hc title is the same. when you give it context, hc at isu and hc at USC isn't a lateral.

like it or not, a HC job at OSU is a considerable step up from the NU job.

at least for now.

this is in the context that he leaves after a few years. if he is still here that means that he is able to bring us back to prominence..... so yeah its a lateral move.

Ohio State is no step up from Nebraska.

No one is going to bolt from Nebraska to Ohio State and consider it any sort of promotion.

HC of an unranked team to HC of a ranked team that has won multiple conference championships and played for the mnc RECENTLY??

And for WAAAY more money??

not a promotion??

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

no worries - OSU doesn't want bo.

this is in the context that he leaves after a few years. if he is still here that means that he is able to bring us back to prominence..... so yeah its a lateral move.

fair enough, given the context of a lateral move... all things being equal. pay, national prominence, etc.

Bo was raised in ohio and played for OSU.

He leaves so fast your head would spin.

but opinions vary.

BEAT CLEMSON

I know that TO is no mind reader or anything, but I do think that he is a good judge of charector. I think that if he sensed at all that Bo would bolt he would have never hired him in the first place. I see him here for at least 10 if not longer. JMO. But like someone said earlier Bizarre things do happen and that's life. Oh yeah I am really beginning to like the style that Paul Johnson has brought to the table for GT. They have a really good coach IMO.

Ugh...the Big 10 annoys me. I don't know why anyone would want to go and coach in that "superior" conference. Let's see if any Big 10 teams can actually win a bowl game this year.

Penn State vs. USC

Ohio State vs. Texas

Michigan State vs. Georgia

Iowa and vs. Carolina

Northwestern vs. Missouri

Wisconsin vs. Florida State

Minnesota vs. Kansas

I say the Big 10 goes 2-5 in bowl games, with two of those losses possibly being HUGE blowouts.

Wow, I'd be surprised if the Big 10 wins any of those games. The only one I see being possible is Iowa over Carolina. I think the rest of them are complete beatdowns. Time will tell.

Ohio State is no step up from Nebraska.

No one is going to bolt from Nebraska to Ohio State and consider it any sort of promotion.

HC of an unranked team to HC of a ranked team that has won multiple conference championships and played for the mnc RECENTLY??

And for WAAAY more money??

not a promotion??

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

no worries - OSU doesn't want bo.

fair enough, given the context of a lateral move... all things being equal. pay, national prominence, etc.

Bo was raised in ohio and played for OSU.

He leaves so fast your head would spin.

but opinions vary.

BEAT CLEMSON

that I am not arguing.... I think the same could be said about turner gill with us. esp if TO is still here.

Ugh...the Big 10 annoys me. I don't know why anyone would want to go and coach in that "superior" conference. Let's see if any Big 10 teams can actually win a bowl game this year.

Penn State vs. USC

Ohio State vs. Texas

Michigan State vs. Georgia

Iowa and vs. Carolina

Northwestern vs. Missouri

Wisconsin vs. Florida State

Minnesota vs. Kansas

I say the Big 10 goes 2-5 in bowl games, with two of those losses possibly being HUGE blowouts.

Wow, I'd be surprised if the Big 10 wins any of those games. The only one I see being possible is Iowa over Carolina. I think the rest of them are complete beatdowns. Time will tell.

agree. the b10 got paired against higher ranked teams for the most part. no risk. no reward.

why in the world would jim tressel go anywhere?....osu's not gonna fire him and i don't think he'll go to the nfl...guy's got it made

State of Ohio bans the sale, use or possession of sweater vests?

:rollin:rollin:rollin

Bo and his Sweatshirt are staying here in Nebraska. He doesn't strike me as a sweater vest guy.

Wow, I can't believe how many "Is Bo getting hired by someone else?" threads have popped up on this and other boards. The guy is in his first year as a HC and he went 8-4. A good performance, but not the kind that people beat down the door to hire away. Pelini won't be hired away for at least 5 years, if ever. We don't have a very good track record the last few years of keeping coaches when things get rough, so he might be leaving not of his own accord, much less because he's being hired away.

Wow, I can't believe how many "Is Bo getting hired by someone else?" threads have popped up on this and other boards. The guy is in his first year as a HC and he went 8-4. A good performance, but not the kind that people beat down the door to hire away.

Look around the board, some folks said he should be B12 COY, national COY.

:clap

Wow, I can't believe how many "Is Bo getting hired by someone else?" threads have popped up on this and other boards. The guy is in his first year as a HC and he went 8-4. A good performance, but not the kind that people beat down the door to hire away.

To say Ohio State is a huge step up is ridiculous. In terms of what. If anything equal footing. Oh my bad, you are looking at the past 5-6 years. Before Tressel Ohio State used to get their butts handed to them. Don't be a wise A@@! Clone and poke the bear! OSU a step up, yea right.

Your husker pass has been revoked....gimme your stripes!!

To say Ohio State is a huge step up is ridiculous. In terms of what. If anything equal footing. Oh my bad, you are looking at the past 5-6 years. Before Tressel Ohio State used to get their butts handed to them. Don't be a wise A@@! Clone and poke the bear! OSU a step up, yea right.

Your husker pass has been revoked....gimme your stripes!!

:rollin:rollin:rollin

yeah, the last 5-6 years, the last decade, hell, this century would be good. football power is becoming cyclic.

ebb and flow, ebb and flow.

Look, I don't like osu or tressel. But to ignore their success is :dumdum

If I argue for them any longer I'll puke.

carry on...

while ohio st would be a huge step up, I seriously doubt OSU would be interested. :dumdum

they would want the saban/urban meyer/paul johnson level coach.

Besides- Tressel isn't leaving.

dedhoarse

Why do so many on ths board seem to think every other major program in the country is a step up from Nebraska? This isnt the first time I've heard this.

I just don't get that....

NU is the 4rth winningest team of all time. Ohio State is below us on THAT chart. NU dominated the last 50 years... Bo Has a longer memory than just 5 or 6 years ago. OSU is'nt a step up just because they have a bigger budget.