resolution_chart.png

Wait, 1440? Son of a bitch!!!!

:madash

1440p is computer monitor only. I would seriously doubt that ever comes to TVs. Nothing other than powerful graphics cards outputs to that res anyway.

ever? Man I think eventually it will. It's not like 1080p will be the max resolution for the eternity of televisions.

resolution_chart.png

1440p is computer monitor only. I would seriously doubt that ever comes to TVs. Nothing other than powerful graphics cards outputs to that res anyway.

ever? Man I think eventually it will. It's not like 1080p will be the max resolution for the eternity of televisions.

Unless we start feeling the need for 80-100 inches or more for the TV, it just doesnt make any sense to have, as the human eye cant tell the difference from a more or less standard distance people sit from the TV. There also is no media other than PC games that runs at that res. As it is only Blu-Ray runs 1080p. Maybe not 'never' but certainly not in the near future.

resolution_chart.png

Unless we start feeling the need for 80-100 inches or more for the TV, it just doesnt make any sense to have, as the human eye cant tell the difference from a more or less standard distance people sit from the TV. There also is no media other than PC games that runs at that res. As it is only Blu-Ray runs 1080p. Maybe not 'never' but certainly not in the near future.

1080p will be the standard for a good five years at least, realistically probably about eight or nine years until they start developing higher resolutions. Polyphony Digital was demoing Gran Turismo 5 at a convention not too long ago. They had a custom tv made that was actually four tv's running at 1080p, with each one displaying a fourth of the image, so in essence they had a 4320p resolution running. They also bridged several PS3's together to up the framerate to above 400fps. The result was people's eyes being fooled into watching something actually happening on the screens. The technology is there, and it's going to be used, and it's going to be noticeable, especially in the projector market. :horns2

On a side note, I can't wait until whoever buys out Pioneer's new tech unveils the new lines with completely true color.

I'm a huge fan of plasma too, but I'm a bigger fan of getting a bang for my buck.

When I was looking to buy mine, it came down to DLP vs Plasma, one huge factor for me was the cost of bulb replacement in the DLPs. I remember the bulb for ones I was thinking about cost around $300. I guy I worked with had one, and after about 3 years he had to replace the bulb. When I worked out costs, I felt that the plasma would have the lower cost long term.

Sure, but it depends on how long term you're talking.

The cheapest Plasma Samsung screen at 56" I could find was $3500 from their official website. A 56" DLP from Samsung is $1500

When I buy a TV, I don't buy expecting to have it for ~15 years or so, but that might just be me.

You can get a 50" Samsung plasma for 999 at the Furniture Mart right now. It's a 720p(which I believe was the source of discussion). That's a pretty good bang for the buck.

Well, I got my PS3 and it looks AMAZING on my 720p LCD TV. I got my PS3 for $249 (80 gig version) from www.sonyrewards.com/ps3. All I had to do is sign up for the sony credit card (which I'll never use) and I got $150 off the PS3. Good deal if anyone wants one. Special ends Dec. 31st. They said it would take 2-3 weeks to ship. It was on my doorstep in no less than 3 business days. Needless to say this was an early christmas present from the man upstairs.

I've had bad experiences at GameStop. They sell used games under "new". I bought NBA Live 09 "new" and they just grabbed a case off the shelf and grabbed a sleve under the couter and put it in the case. I got into an argument with them before on this and they still claim it is "new". I hate Wal-Mart too but they won't lie to me. The man that worked there today let me price match Best Buy's ad when I didnt even had it (he had it under the register). So I got GTA IV for $37.99.

That is even without getting into the debate on how bad used games are for the game industry. Or the method of ordering they use where if you dont pre-order a game, you have almost no shot at getting it when it comes out. Screw Gamespot.

For HDMI cables, never, ever buy one on a store, or any MonsterCables. Horribly overpriced. I use monoprice.com for cables.

I've had bad experiences at GameStop. They sell used games under "new". I bought NBA Live 09 "new" and they just grabbed a case off the shelf and grabbed a sleve under the couter and put it in the case. I got into an argument with them before on this and they still claim it is "new". I hate Wal-Mart too but they won't lie to me. The man that worked there today let me price match Best Buy's ad when I didnt even had it (he had it under the register). So I got GTA IV for $37.99.

1. you should never have bought live 09 you should get nba 2k9

2. you probably bought their last copy and they had to give you the case they had on the shelves and the disc that all they did was take out and put in a sleeve. The game you got wasn't "used" but it was opened... I don't blame them because there is no way they could possibly put out games with discs in them and expect people to not steal them, but at the same time people want to be able to pick up the game cases and check them out.

That is even without getting into the debate on how bad used games are for the game industry. Or the method of ordering they use where if you dont pre-order a game, you have almost no shot at getting it when it comes out. Screw Gamespot.

For HDMI cables, never, ever buy one on a store, or any MonsterCables. Horribly overpriced. I use monoprice.com for cables.

I am pretty sure I bought all my cables from him off ebay. Great prices and the cables work just as good as the monster cable crap.