Player: Austin Hinder

Hometown: Steamboat Springs, CO

Position: QB

Height: 6'5"

Weight: 178 lbs.

40 time: 4.85

Visit Date: TBD

Scholarships: California, Colorado, Kansas State, Nebraska, Stanford

Favorites: California, Colorado, Kansas State, Nebraska, Misery, Oregon, Stanford, Texas, Texas A@M, UCLA

He's still a year and a half away from having to sign on the dotted line, and Austin Hinder already has several good options to choose from. The Steamboat Springs (Colo.) QB already has Nebraska, California, Stanford and Kansas State competing for his services.

Hinder, a class of 2010 player who is 6-foot-5, 180 pounds, got his first scholarship offer from California, where his grandfather once played football. He told Sporting News Today that it was a thrilling moment when the Golden Bears sent a scholarship offer his way.

He has no favorites yet, but he did say he'd like to get his commitment over with as soon as he knows for sure where he'd like to go--so a summer 2009 commitment is a possibility.

"I'm balanced right now," Hinder told SN Today. "I'm just trying to find a place where I'll have a successful career. ... I would like to get it over with as soon as I can, but I'm going to make sure I find the place that's best for me."

Hinder described his style of play.

"I'm a pro-style quarterback; I love to drop back out of the shotgun and throw the ball downfield for sure," Hinder said. "I'm also really athletic. I'm not going to just sit back there and take a sack, I'm going to use my feet to get out of trouble. Mainly, I like to throw the deep ball."

In a full sophomore season in 2007, he threw for 1,500 yards, and 17 touchdowns with only three interceptions. He is one of the top 250 prospects to watch in the class of 2010, according to Rivals.com.

• 1 month later...

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Player: Austin Hinder

Hometown: Steamboat Springs, CO

Position: QB

Height: 6'4"

Weight: 177 lbs.

40 time: 4.85

Visit Date: TBD

Scholarships: Alabama, Arizona, Arizona State, California, Colorado, Colorado State, Florida State, Kansas, Kansas State, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Pittsburgh, Purdue, Stanford, UCLA

Favorites: Alabama, Arizona, Arizona State, California, Colorado, Colorado State, Florida State, Kansas, Kansas State, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Pittsburgh, Purdue, Stanford, UCLA

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewp...089&sport=1

• 2 weeks later...

Austin Hinder compiling impressive offers list

ESPNU 150 Watch List quarterback Austin Hinder spoke with ESPN affiliate Web site TheShiver.com about his recruitment.

Hinder indicated he'll attend Elite 11 camps at Cal and Stanford and that he also has offers from, "Kansas, Kansas State, Colorado, Colorado State, Nebraska, Florida State, Alabama, Arizona, Arizona State, Purdue, Pitt and Notre Dame."

He also expressed what he's seeking, "Distance isn't a big deal at all, but comfort is a key. Academics are important because I can't play football forever and team chemistry. Playing in a good offense and program is important too."

Hinder added that he's not very concerned about depth charts, "It's Division 1 Football. You're going to get competition, and I will fight for a starting job. It's not something that I worry about."

Last fall, he completed 90 of 134 attempts (67-percent) for 1,228 yards and 16 touchdowns while also rushing for 750 yards and 10 more scores.

Austin Hinder compiling impressive offers list

ESPNU 150 Watch List quarterback Austin Hinder spoke with ESPN affiliate Web site TheShiver.com about his recruitment.

Hinder indicated he'll attend Elite 11 camps at Cal and Stanford and that he also has offers from, "Kansas, Kansas State, Colorado, Colorado State, Nebraska, Florida State, Alabama, Arizona, Arizona State, Purdue, Pitt and Notre Dame."

He also expressed what he's seeking, "Distance isn't a big deal at all, but comfort is a key. Academics are important because I can't play football forever and team chemistry. Playing in a good offense and program is important too."

Hinder added that he's not very concerned about depth charts, "It's Division 1 Football. You're going to get competition, and I will fight for a starting job. It's not something that I worry about."

Last fall, he completed 90 of 134 attempts (67-percent) for 1,228 yards and 16 touchdowns while also rushing for 750 yards and 10 more scores.

shiver is a KU slanted site as i remember just for future refrence.

I'm curious to what extent FSU's smack-down by the NCAA will affect their ability to pull in the better recruits?

Looks as though it is having an effect:

Florida State’s probation causes concern among football prospects

The P-word is scaring some of Florida State’s top recruiting targets. “FSU is not as high as they were with me because of probation,” said Newnan safety Alec Ogletree, who is considered Georgia’s No. 1 prospect with 33 early offers. “Florida State was my childhood favorite. I’m still open to them. I’m just not sure about getting involved with any program on probation. We’ll just see how it all plays out.”

Gainesville’s Blake Sims has been offered by FSU as a dual-threat quarterback. “That hurt me a lot when they got on probation because I was so high on them. My feelings have jumped back a little bit. I want to go to a school where I can trust everybody on the coaching staff. If I go to a school that has been put on probation, I don’t feel like I’d be able to trust them.”

According to the AP, Florida State’s athletic program received four years probation from the NCAA and will lose scholarships in football and may have to forfeit games because of a widespread academic cheating scandal involving 10 sports.

“Florida State dropped down a lot with me because they got in all that trouble,” said Loganville tailback Storm Johnson, who has 10 offers. “They have a great program, but I don’t think I want to be any part of that.”

Lowndes offensive tackle Ed Christian is one of two juniors that have committed to Florida State. He said he intends to remain loyal to the Seminoles, at least for now. “I guess if you do bad things, then you deserve the punishment. I’m not worried about probation, though. It doesn’t affect me. Other schools have been talking to me, but FSU is the school where I want to be at, no matter what.”

I don't think any of the guys quoted has an offer from Nebraska, but I'm sure it is the same with other recruits.