QB Austin Hinder

CornHunka

Hunh

Hinder looking West?

One of the top quarterbacks in the nation will be Austin Hinder (Steamboat Springs, Colo.). Hinder has offers from schools all over the country but his favorite list has a definite West Coast feel to it.

Hinder is a strong-armed signal caller and can make all the throws. He moves well for a tall quarterback with a quick release and is very solid mechanically. He's also able to throw outside the pocket on the run, but can also stand tall in the pocket.

Hinder had a solid showing at the NIKE Camp at Stanford last year and had a strong junior season as well. He threw for 1,600 yards and 14 touchdowns while rushing for 750 yards and 10 more scores.

"I'm hearing from just about every school in the country right now," Hinder said. "I have offers from Cal, Stanford, Alabama, Kansas, Kansas State, Colorado, Colorado State, Nebraska, Arizona State, Notre Dame, Pitt, Purdue and a few others.

"I'm hoping to attend as many team camps as I can but don't have a set schedule yet. I know I'm going to the NIKE Camp at Stanford and the Elite 11 regional camp at Cal and those are probably my top two schools right now.

"I also like Colorado, UCLA, Penn State, Notre Dame and a few others. Location and academics are important to me as well as a coaching staff that I'm comfortable with."

Academically, Hinder is carrying a 3.7 GPA and said he would like to major in engineering or law.

He is aware Penn State <> Penn?

• 1 month later...

Sorry...I might have gotten carried away.

Rivals came out with position rankings and I thought while I was looking I'd update the board. Then I realized there were a lot of names...

LOL! Not a problem - the beauty of it is that for those who are looking for information on specific recruits will see that information. Thanks!

Rivals came out with position rankings and I thought while I was looking I'd update the board. Then I realized there were a lot of names...

LOL! Not a problem - the beauty of it is that for those who are looking for information on specific recruits will see that information. Thanks!

:yeah i spent about 30 mins reading threw it all lol. i'll admit though, it was a little weird seeing that many posts from someone other than street novelist...

:yeah i spent about 30 mins reading threw it all lol. i'll admit though, it was a little weird seeing that many posts from someone other than street novelist...

Yeah dude, you better watch out. You are moving in on street novelist turf.

• 2 weeks later...

Always enjoy seeing the Colorado Smokeabowls lose quality talent right out their backdoors. Hawkins did a decent job of locking up the state the last two years, but maybe not this one. Hard to fathom he'd let a good QB get out with his boy Corky still trying to run the show. And I thought that maybe Suh had ran some sense into and over him that might help him obtain daddy's love. Guess not