WR/QB BJ Chitty

CornHunka

Dothan (Ala.) Northview QB B.J. Chitty told Sporting News Today he is no longer solidly committed to Auburn. The 6-foot-4, 180-pound dual-threat signal caller had committed to the Tigers in September, but admitted he made the decision too quickly. Chitty is a class of 2010 prospect.

"I really wanted to re-open things," Chitty told SN Today. "I could care less about their record right now, that wasn't it. I just wanted to see what all is out there. I'm still young and have plenty of time."

Chitty also has scholarship offers from Alabama and Duke, and Nebraska recently extended an offer, too. Also, Auburn is not out of the mix for his services. He told SN Today that one school would immediately pick up his commitment if they offered.

"I'm a real Florida Gator fan," Chitty said. "If they offer, I'm gone, pretty much."

Chitty described himself as a player.

"I have good speed and good size," Chitty said. "I can go up for the ball, or I can throw it if you need me to throw it. I'm just all around, for real. I just want to get where I can get on the field. They can put me on defense for all I care; I just like to play ball."

Chitty did play some wide receiver as a sophomore.

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

Will still be tough to get him out of 'Bama, but at least he's open:

ESPNU 150 Watch List prospect B.J. Chitty told affiliate Web site CrimsonConfidential.com, "I'm really mainly looking at Auburn and Alabama, but I'm waiting to see what other schools offer me though. I'm interested in any school that is interested in me."

Auburn, Nebraska, Duke and Alabama (verbal offer) have extended scholarships to Chitty, who originally committed to the Tigers but dropped that pledge after former head coach Tommy Tuberville's departure.

Chitty, who is being recruiting as a receiver by most programs, is looking for attention from other schools, "I hope Florida, Florida State, Georgia and Georgia Tech offer. I'm just getting letter right now. The Northview (Dothan, Ala.) talent is also looking at LSU.

• 1 month later...

Latest From Husker Journal:

B J CHITTY, ATH, 6-3, 180, DOTHAN (NORTHVIEW), ALABAMA

B J has offers from Alabama, Auburn, Nebraska and Southern Mississippi

“I’m not leaning to any school just keeping my options open.” Chitty said

Iron Bowl

“I like how they (Alabama) control things, I like their offense. I’ve been to Alabama four or five times. I went to the Iron Bowl last year when they played Mississippi State it was a crazy game and the crowd was loud.” Chitty said

“I like the whole environment at Auburn,” Chitty said, “I liked coach Tuberville but he’s not there anymore. Auburn coaches told me that I can start right off the bat.”

“Last year I saw some games at Auburn, the Tennessee and LSU games. I liked game day at Auburn they were both good games.” Chitty said

Pressure From Instate Programs

“I don’t have a preference with Alabama and Auburn. Where I live (Dothan) it’s mixed between Auburn and Alabama fans. I’m getting a lot of pressure from my friends of both schools. It’s going to be a tough decision.” Chitty said

“I grew up watching Alabama more than Auburn but I really grew up being a Florida Gator fan. I’ve heard from Florida but I don’t have an offer. I hope they do offer.” Chitty said

Nebraska Maybe To Far

“I like Nebraska but I can’t make it up there that far. I don’t know yet if I would visit them on an official. I don’t know much about Nebraska other than what they send me in the mail. I get a bunch of letter from Bo Pelini.” Chitty said

“I was very surprised to get an offer from Nebraska,” Chitty said, “They were my first offer. I told my coach and my friends about the Nebraska offer. When I told my parents Nebraska offered me they told me to keep up the good work.”

Chitty said he is going to Clemson’s spring game has some interest in checking out Southern Mississippi. Chitty indicated that he wanted to play early.

• 5 weeks later...