Gator Bowl Prediction

mmmtodd

http://www.whatifsports.com/beyondtheboxscore/

this get you all the bowl "results"...

i was just posting this up for fun...looks like its not exactly what you would call 'trustworthy', but its pretty interesting the other bowls theyve ran these on and the results so far....i just found it interesting/cool that they put so much info about it out there.

i guess the topic line is misleading, so ill make my pick here as well...

NEB 38 CU (man i hate typing those letters) 31. i think we come out strong on o, but make idiot mistakes that stall drives inside the 20 for awhile. they pound away on several possessions and have some big break out plays thanks to our stalwart secondary. some of them go for scores, but they dont ever march it down our throat for anything, 'cept a fg here and there. i think we trail, tag along throughout most the game. like others, i disagree we lose the T.O.P.... on d, i dont see us particularly shutting them down til the 4th quarter (and maybe on a drive right before half, after Bo blows his top on some random call), when the d-line finally starts making their game long physicalness and downright badass attitude impose its will and the work pays off. we get hot like we did against ttech and somehow find a way not to screw it up. they are going to have the crowd on their side, and when it starts looking like us taking over after they think they have it in the bag it's a nonfactor, and the 27,000 or so 'skers and the 4000 locals that want to see a good game ball their effin faces off and chip in. other than that i see this game as a toss up. thats why i like/posted this sim., except for the end result.

and something tells me clempsin has more "fake plays" than us, but bo pulls the trigger on some crazy punt/fg blocks attempts, and we end up with a penalty and sustain their drive.

I could see the score end up something like that, but I think the way it happens is WAY off.

Yea:

A)--WE WIN!

B)--They forgot the part where Suh gets two pick 6s off of Potter tips and scores another on a statue of liberty from the FB position... :horns2

Oh yes, with time running out, Swift scores the game winner on a 50 yd flea flicker pass from Henery during a fake 60 yd fg attempt(Henery hits a 61 ydr earlier in the game).

http://www.whatifsports.com/fox_cf/Gator08.asp

wow...the sad thing is im craving football so bad i sat here and read the whole play-by-play

:dumdum:dumdum

the clemson kitties beat NU??

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

that ain't happening!!

funny though..

BEAT THE KITTIES!!

at least they got this one right--

Outback Bowl

Iowa 33 - South Carolina 14 (Click for Boxscore)

Highlight: The Big Ten needs a convincing win like this one where Shonn Greene reminds everyone how the Hawkeyes beat Penn State. Facing bowl teams (Minnesota and South Carolina), Iowa outscores its last two opponents 88-13.

Player of the Game: Shonn Greene, RB, Iowa (132 total yards, 2 TDs)

:horns2:horns2:horns2