2010 Prospects/Commits w/ Offers

Ohio Pete

Hi OP. Any thoughts on AJ Derby a QB from Iowa City, IA? He's visiting for the BB game this weekend.

T_O_B

I don't know much about him. Rivals has him at 6'4", 215, but no Nebraska offer, yet. Anyone in the Iowa City area able to give us a scouting report?

Edit: ESPN lists him as ESPN150 Watch List athlete.

Rivals now reports a Nebraska offer for him. Sounds like he is Iowa's to lose though.

Says he's still open but not in his top 4:

Four schools stand out for Watch Lister Marvin Robinson

Safety / outside linebacker prospect Marvin Robinson told ESPN affiliate Web site Bucknuts.com he's already holding offers from Ohio State, Michigan, Florida, South Florida, Central Florida, North Carolina, Nebraska, Boston College, Tennessee, Rutgers, UCLA and Duke.

Despite the long list of suitors, Robinson did mention a few schools that stick out, "I like Michigan, Ohio State, South Florida and North Carolina. I like those four the most. They are all equal right now. But I'm still wide open to any college. I won't decide until after my senior season."

Robinson performed well at the Orlando Under Armour Combine recording a 4.61 hand-timed 40-yard dash, 34-inch vertical and 4.34 20-yard shuttle.

As a junior, he made 96 tackles, intercepted four passes and blocked four punts while also scoring five touchdowns on offense. Robinson arrived on the scene during his sophomore campaign with 93 tackles and three interceptions.

Florida LB looking West

If you're looking for next year's version of linebacker Vontaze Burfict (Corona, Calif./ Centennial), make sure to check out hitting machine Jeff Luc (Port St. Lucie, Fla./ Treasure Coast).

Burfict was arguably the most physical linebacker in the nation last year. He didn't just hit you, he tried to take you out of the game and run right through you. He played with an edge that made it very uncomfortable to play against and you had to always keep your head on a swivel or the next play could be your last.

Luc plays with that same nastiness and all you need to do is watch the first three plays of his highlight tape to see what an impressive talent he is. Luc may not have the overall athleticism of the future Sun Devil, but he brings the same hitting ability and tough, aggressive play.

"In the last two weeks, everyone has been offering him," Treasure Coast coach Aaron Sheppard said. "USC, North Carolina, Georgia, Notre Dame, Nebraska and Southern Miss all offered last week.

"Florida and Miami offered the week before. He is already a very good player but he has a real chance to be special down the line."

As a junior, Luc earned third team all-state honors after totaling 112 tackles, nine sacks and five forced fumbles.

"I don't plan to make an early commitment anywhere, I want to go through the recruiting process," Luc said. "Right now, I like Florida, Miami, Florida State, Texas and USC.

"This is the biggest decision of my life so I really want to check out all my options before I decide on a school. I went to Florida's Junior Day and will also be going to the NIKE Camp at Miami."

Iowa RB picking up offers

Andre' Dawson (Cedar Rapids, Iowa/Washington) is one of the top running back prospects in the Midwest. After rushing for 1,387 yards and 13 touchdowns his sophomore year, Dawson gained 1,483 yards and scored 28 times during his junior season.

The 6-foot-1 and 210-pound Dawson combines speed with strength and power. He runs the 40-yard dash in 4.5 seconds, bench presses 280 pounds and can squat 425.

Recruiters are beating a path to Dawson's school and a number of them don't need to see anymore. Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin were the first three schools to extend a scholarship offer to Dawson. Two more offers have arrived in the past week, and more are likely on the way.

"I just got offers from Kansas and Cincinnati," Dawson said. "My coach said Nebraska might be offering. I'm also getting a lot of mail from Oregon and North Carolina."

Dawson has visited a number of schools and more stops are on the horizon.

"I was at a Kansas junior day over the weekend," Dawson said. "That went really well. I also went to an Iowa junior day. Florida State, Alabama and Michigan want me to come to junior days. I'm scheduled to go to Nebraska's spring game."