niles paul

He didn't play up to his potential, but give the kid some time and I think he'll really step his game up.

agreeded..i figured he would of had a bigger yr though

He does try and do something with the ball sometimes before the ball even gets there. He's looking where he is going before he can get there. I think that he will work those problems out with more experience and I think we'll be okay at receiver in the future with Holt, Gillyen, etc.

Pulling a schollie? No.

Did he need benching? Yes.

Rough game would be an understatement. He was making one dumb play after another and kept compounding it.

The one thing I don't understand -- most of his mistakes were stupid, but a bit understandable. I mean, the block in the back, the fumble - at least he was trying on those plays. But on Spiller's big PR in the 1st half, his tackle "attempt" was one of the lousiest attempts at a tackle that I can ever remember. Push him OOB, tackle the guy, do something besides standing there, then diving as he runs by you on the sideline.

Honestly if you are going to say Paul played poorly, then you would have to say the same for Ganz, 2 of his mistakes lead straight to 14 of Clemson's 21 points, but Ganz stuck to it and ended up playing well. On the other hand Paul had little chances to make his situation better plus some of Ganz's throws to him were off target. Paul will be a key reciever next year.

Honestly if you are going to say Paul played poorly, then you would have to say the same for Ganz, 2 of his mistakes lead straight to 14 of Clemson's 21 points, but Ganz stuck to it and ended up playing well. On the other hand Paul had little chances to make his situation better plus some of Ganz's throws to him were off target. Paul will be a key reciever next year.

Big, big difference comparing a QB to a WR. It's even pretty silly to compare the two.

You take Paul out of this game, who notices? Besides the fact we get numerous silly penalties taken away.

You take Ganz out of this game, we get blown out.