niles paul

Honestly if you are going to say Paul played poorly, then you would have to say the same for Ganz, 2 of his mistakes lead straight to 14 of Clemson's 21 points, but Ganz stuck to it and ended up playing well. On the other hand Paul had little chances to make his situation better plus some of Ganz's throws to him were off target. Paul will be a key reciever next year.

Big, big difference comparing a QB to a WR. It's even pretty silly to compare the two.

You take Paul out of this game, who notices? Besides the fact we get numerous silly penalties taken away.

You take Ganz out of this game, we get blown out.

totally agree...u cannot compare the two..ganz is a proven leader..

I'm a big Paul fan. I think he has a lot of potential...he has a lot of speed, but I don't think he knows how to use his speed properly. His vision is definitely suspect. Hopefully by next he has it all figured out, because he has the makings to be a dangerous player. He's got a lot of experience now...its just a matter of working out all the kinks.

Honestly if you are going to say Paul played poorly, then you would have to say the same for Ganz, 2 of his mistakes lead straight to 14 of Clemson's 21 points, but Ganz stuck to it and ended up playing well. On the other hand Paul had little chances to make his situation better plus some of Ganz's throws to him were off target. Paul will be a key reciever next year.

Big, big difference comparing a QB to a WR. It's even pretty silly to compare the two.

You take Paul out of this game, who notices? Besides the fact we get numerous silly penalties taken away.

Fair enough but I'm just saying that his mistakes are a bug reason the game was so close and it is unfair to just point the finger at Paul.

Fair enough but I'm just saying that his mistakes are a bug reason the game was so close and it is unfair to just point the finger at Paul.

the painful block in the back pentalty..muffed punt return..to name a few..and 12 total yards rec..both q and lucky had more than that recieving..i dont know not the best game..but hopefully he'll get it figured out next yr

Sure, because he's the only player who ever had a bad game. Swift never dropped a punt or pass, ever. Suh looked like a lost cause last year, now he's one of the best d-lineman in the country.

Have faith and support Huskers till the end.

You can be honest and realistic, and still support The Huskers. In other words, Sunshine Pumping is not only wrong, it sucks. Real fans don't Sunshine Pump..

Sure, because he's the only player who ever had a bad game. Swift never dropped a punt or pass, ever. Suh looked like a lost cause last year, now he's one of the best d-lineman in the country.

You can be honest and realistic, and still support The Huskers. In other words, Sunshine Pumping is not only wrong, it sucks. Real fans don't Sunshine Pump..

I forgot real fans talk s#$t about players that do things that they could never dream of. :sarcasm

I forgot real fans talk s#$t about players that do things that they could never dream of. :sarcasm

I bet you thought Callahan was good for NU. I'm right - aren't I?

Not at all, just don't think it's appropriate to disguise bashing a player as being "honest and realistic". Are you honest and realistic about the shortcomings of your own life? Do you want it posted on a message board?

I love how if someone is positive and doesn't want to bash people for making a mistake when he was just trying to win a game for his team then he must have been a Callahan supporter :clap

Not at all, just don't think it's appropriate to disguise bashing a player as being "honest and realistic". Are you honest and realistic about the shortcomings of your own life? Do you want it posted on a message board?

I love how if someone is positive and doesn't want to bash people for making a mistake when he was just trying to win a game for his team then he must have been a Callahan supporter :clap

It's clear he had a sh!tty game. How is mentioning this fact bashing him? Here, I'll help you out here - IT'S NOT!!!! It's only being realistic. Nothing more.....Nothing less.

When a player begins to essentially pay for any of our jobs, then we can discuss this.

We as fans pour money into a program so guys like Niles can have a free education. Not only that, but travel to all parts of the country, get free gear, perks and everything else that comes with being an athlete.

Do you go to a game? Do you buy Nebraska merchandise? Do you watch on TV? If you do, then you are responsible for any of these guys having the opportunity they do.

I mean, if you do not want to be talked about, do not play. Just like when you play well, it will be good. But when you play bad, you get this as well. It's part of the territory.

But I fully expect you to come back and jump up someones rear when something good is said as well. Or are we only allowed to point out the good and never the bad? Is that how this whole being a "fan" works?

And I'm not jumping up Niles' butt over this game either. He did play one of the worst games by a Nebraska player in recent memory. I fully expect him to bounce back. However, for the "effort" he gave today, he fully deserves the harsh criticism he will get. Fortunately for him, he has 1-2 more years to basically tell all his critics to shove it.