DT George Uko

Ohio Pete

With guys like him and Justin Brown, Sione Tiuhalamaka, and Bennie Logan on r board we are showing we are not gonna skimp on the defensive line. Personally, I think a 3* or less kid who gets coached up by Bo can be a hell of a lot better than a lazy 5* who has his mind stuck in the NFL. And for you star gazers out there, I think kids r gonna start to notice guys like Ty, Zach, Pierre, and of course, Suh, and realize that Pelini is a mastermind @ grooming big uglies up front. WE WILL START TO GET R GUYS.

With guys like him and Justin Brown, Sione Tiuhalamaka, and Bennie Logan on r board we are showing we are not gonna skimp on the defensive line. Personally, I think a 3* or less kid who gets coached up by Bo can be a hell of a lot better than a lazy 5* who has his mind stuck in the NFL. And for you star gazers out there, I think kids r gonna start to notice guys like Ty, Zach, Pierre, and of course, Suh, and realize that Pelini is a mastermind @ grooming big uglies up front. WE WILL START TO GET R GUYS.

Of the 3 DL's you mentioned, I don't see a current commit among them. We are in it with all 3, but last I checked none of them are a sure thing. However current commit Randall looks to be a beast and a great find. Needs to redshirt and add some size, but will be a force in 2-3 years. Along with Baker and Toailoa being Redshirt Freshmen this coming year and Crick and Moore still having 3 years left to play, the interior D-Line looks like it will have quality depth going forward. I think we will continue to see this staff make getting 1-2 really good interior D-Lineman a priority each and every year. They are so important to the success of a defense.

• 4 weeks later...

We really need a bigtime DT like Uko. Freaking Texas has already gotten commits from two of our DT-offers. Must be nice to be Mack Brown. Hopefully they're about done at the position and we at-least won't have to worry about fighting them for more DT's.

yeah, now we just have to fight off Florida, LSU, and the PAC 10 :cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Cali DT is wide open

It was a down year for defensive tackles out West but it's shaping up to be a solid year at the position in the class of 2010. One player drawing heavy attention right now is Don Lugo (Chino, Calif.) standout George Uko.

Uko will be a three year starter and earned all-league, all-valley and all-state underclass honors by CalHiSports.com a year ago. The lineman racked up 90 tackles, 15 for loss and had five sacks on the season.

Early offers have come in from Nebraska and Oregon and the lineman said he's hearing from schools from all over the country.

"Yeah, I'm hearing from everyone right now," Uko said. "Right now, I'm wide open and don't have a top five or top 10 list yet. I have no problem leaving the area and will go anywhere to play my college ball. I'm just looking for a place my family thinks is best for me.

"Right now, my main goal is to just keep working hard and prove I'm one of the top defensive tackles in the West. It's great to get all this attention and it shows me my hard work is paying off. I know a lot of other players are working hard too so that motivates me to keep working. I want to be the best I can be and just use all the gifts God has given to me."

Uko said he plans to camp with USC and UCLA and will also attend the SoCal NIKE Camp in April.

• 2 weeks later...