DT George Uko

Ohio Pete

hes not coming to nebraska, i wrote him a message on myspace. lol i know hes not, hes a cocky guy, wants to go somewhere big, not a "corn-only" place.. . we can forget about him, no use in wasting out time

Are you tring to get the Huskers an NCAA violation you are not to contact possible recruits.

hes not coming to nebraska, i wrote him a message on myspace. lol i know hes not, hes a cocky guy, wants to go somewhere big, not a "corn-only" place.. . we can forget about him, no use in wasting out time

Are you tring to get the Huskers an NCAA violation you are not to contact possible recruits.

:yeah

Message from the Nebraska Athletic Department Compliance Staff:

On behalf of the University of Nebraska student-athletes, we are so thankful to have your support as we continue to build championship teams in every sport.

Because of the ease in which people communicate online with each other today, we thought an educational message is appropriate to clear up any confusion that exists about contacting recruits.

NCAA rules and regulations are complex to say the least, but one area that is completely straightforward is fan communication with recruits. If any fans, boosters, alumni (or any other supporters) of Nebraska has any contact (e.g., in-person, instant message, text message, e-mail, fax, etc.) whatsoever with a recruit there are could be serious consequences such as:

The University of Nebraska would have an NCAA violation to report to the NCAA enforcement staff;

The recruit would become ineligible to participate in athletics at Nebraska, and before any of our coaches could continue to contact the recruit, we would have to rule him/her ineligible and then seek reinstatement through the NCAA office; and

The fan/booster/alumni involved could jeopardize their standing with the University of Nebraska athletic department.

We know that fans of Nebraska are the most dedicated and supportive in the country so please if you have any questions about NCAA rules, contact our office at anytime at 402.472.2042 or e-mail compliance@huskers.com

Thank you for helping Nebraska Athletics stand by our building blocks of TRADITION, TEAMWORK, and INTEGRITY.

Josh White

Director of Compliance

University of Nebraska

On behalf of the University of Nebraska student-athletes, we are so thankful to have your support as we continue to build championship teams in every sport.

Because of the ease in which people communicate online with each other today, we thought an educational message is appropriate to clear up any confusion that exists about contacting recruits.

NCAA rules and regulations are complex to say the least, but one area that is completely straightforward is fan communication with recruits. If any fans, boosters, alumni (or any other supporters) of Nebraska has any contact (e.g., in-person, instant message, text message, e-mail, fax, etc.) whatsoever with a recruit there are could be serious consequences such as:

The University of Nebraska would have an NCAA violation to report to the NCAA enforcement staff;

The recruit would become ineligible to participate in athletics at Nebraska, and before any of our coaches could continue to contact the recruit, we would have to rule him/her ineligible and then seek reinstatement through the NCAA office; and

The fan/booster/alumni involved could jeopardize their standing with the University of Nebraska athletic department.

We know that fans of Nebraska are the most dedicated and supportive in the country so please if you have any questions about NCAA rules, contact our office at anytime at 402.472.2042 or e-mail compliance@huskers.com

Thank you for helping Nebraska Athletics stand by our building blocks of TRADITION, TEAMWORK, and INTEGRITY.

Josh White

Director of Compliance

University of Nebraska

I know the NCAA is pretty serious about this stuff, but truthfully, how can the University be blamed for some person they have no idea about contacting a recruit. If they can get into trouble so easily for this then I am soon to become a OU and UT fan and contact their recruits to get the school in trouble. Really, the NCAA is just trying to weed out any cheating, but to a casual fan who doesn't follow recruiting that close, they would have no idea about this rule. It's really just there to keep the boosters away from forking out cash. Per this rule, when a recruit is seen at a game and people yell their name out of the crowd that would be wrong. Just really a stupid, overly detailed rule. JMHO

Josh White

Director of Compliance

University of Nebraska

I know the NCAA is pretty serious about this stuff, but truthfully, how can the University be blamed for some person they have no idea about contacting a recruit. If they can get into trouble so easily for this then I am soon to become a OU and UT fan and contact their recruits to get the school in trouble. Really, the NCAA is just trying to weed out any cheating, but to a casual fan who doesn't follow recruiting that close, they would have no idea about this rule. It's really just there to keep the boosters away from forking out cash. Per this rule, when a recruit is seen at a game and people yell their name out of the crowd that would be wrong. Just really a stupid, overly detailed rule. JMHO

:yeah i can't begin to express how stupid this rule is. What if you are a NU fan, and you teach a Husker recruit in school? I'm coaching swimming at Keeston Terry h.s this year, and there is a good chance I will run in to him at some point. So am I not supposed to introduce myself, and tell him I'm from Lincoln?

It's not a stupid rule necessarily, but just too overboard. I mean one reason a recruit should want to come to a school is because of the school's fans and passion. I understand what they are trying to do, but just say it! Boosters cannot give money, cars, planes, trips, strippers, prostitutes, etc to recruits or players. It's not that hard. And as much as the NCAA may hate it, the internet, messaging, phones, facebook, myspace is part of the world today and they are very much public domain.

It's not a stupid rule necessarily, but just too overboard. I mean one reason a recruit should want to come to a school is because of the school's fans and passion. I understand what they are trying to do, but just say it! Boosters cannot give money, cars, planes, trips, strippers, prostitutes, etc to recruits or players. It's not that hard. And as much as the NCAA may hate it, the internet, messaging, phones, facebook, myspace is part of the world today and they are very much public domain.

I agree with what you are saying, but people are always looking for a loop hole and a way to expose it. Better to be way overboard than not specific enough.

It's for the benefit of the student athlete. If the rule were less strict some would use it to take advantage of the athletes. More kids would end up taking extra benefits and such. It sucks that the side effects are that we can't be all gung ho as fans with prospective recruits, but the alternative is worse.

• 2 weeks later...

Even if he is a recruit, I don’t see how contacting a guy via myspace can result in any penalty to the AD. The point of that site is to be able to find, talk and make friends with people from all over.

Can’t blame a fan for contacting a recruit, when the recruit is putting himself out there.

Even if he is a recruit, I don’t see how contacting a guy via myspace can result in any penalty to the AD. The point of that site is to be able to find, talk and make friends with people from all over.

Can’t blame a fan for contacting a recruit, when the recruit is putting himself out there.

it's a violation read the rules at the top of the forum.

i'll even make it easy

Josh White

Director of Compliance

University of Nebraska

it's a violation read the rules at the top of the forum.

i'll even make it easy

Josh White

Director of Compliance

University of Nebraska

Yea, you aren't suppose to contact recruits and I know this can be an exciting process leave it up to Bo & Co to get the nitty gritty on these kids. That is why he gets paid the big bucks.

But what Bosnian did is little in comparison to how many problems Coach Richt cold get into if the NCAA finds this (hopefully for him it is not true). This story is spreading quickly on a LSU board.

post-6544-1245953231.png